The size of the jurisdiction depends on the police station building design used. The jurisdiction area of a city can be further extended by building more police stations.
For more information, see the Claim page.
The morale of a city's population determines if population is immigrating or emigrating. When morale is zero or positive, population will try to immigrate into the city. When morale is negative, the population will emigrate out of the city.
For more information, see the City Morale page.
Buildings and cities decay to remove unused and unwanted data from the game. This works differently in new-style cities.
- In a harsh environment, all citizens will have the citizen DNA of the city.
- In a habitable environment, where the citizens are sexually compatible with the indigenous population, 15% of citizens will have the citizen DNA of the city, 25% of citizens will have the indigenous DNA, and the remaining 60% will be a combination of the citizen and indigenous DNA.
- In a habitable environment, where the citizens are sexually incompatible with the indigenous population, all citizens will have the citizen DNA of the city. The city will then also get a -1 alien invader morale penalty.
The citizen DNA of a city is set to that of the avatar founding the city, it can however changed the following ways.
- Citizen DNA of a city is changed when a citizen is added to a city that has a population of 0. Citizens unloaded, garrisoned, deserted, or lost in a city are added to the city's population.
- Citizen DNA of a city is changed to the indigenous population DNA when the population of the city is reduced to zero. Only habitable worlds in the habitable orbit zone have an indigenous population.