Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2023-03-01 Dangerous Exchange, Crash

Dangerous Exchange
The Dangerous Exchange story chapter will not start.

Fixed a bug that was recently added when changing that script to require a world with a breathable atmosphere.

Control Station Crash
A crash was reported while operating a weapon control station.

Found and fixed some code that was using an object without locking its associated mutex.

This bug was also present in the sensor and transporter control stations. It is fixed there too.

Space Station Explodes
Space station explodes if you approach it.

Fixed. This has happened to me so many times and I was finally in a position to trace the problem and fix it.

Indigenous Village
Indigenous village never moves out of town. I thought it was supposed to dislike cities.

Indigenous village should now move away once a city is built there.

Kalashnikov
The Kalashnikov rifle is now spelled using English text.

Load DNA
The Load DNA button was restored to the avatar creation page. It is only present when creating an avatar with alien DNA, i.e. the old style DNA.

Uncharted System
After capturing the ship in the Stowaway scenario, the nav control station shows Uncharted System. I can't see the planets on the screen.

Fixed. This was probably a problem everywhere, not just this situation.

System Scan
After performing a system scan, my current solar system still shows no details on the solar system map.

Fixed.

Architect Achievements
There was a slight change to the architect achievements. They are now.
  • Published Spacecraft Architect - For publishing a spacecraft blueprint to the Steam Workshop.
  • Published Building Architect - For publishing a building blueprint to the Steam Workshop.
  • Spacecraft Architect - For publishing a spacecraft blueprint to the exchange.
  • Building Architect - For publishing a building blueprint to the exchange.

Oops. I posted this update page before posting the software update. That will take another hour or so.

(03-01-2023, 10:41 PM)Haxus Wrote: Space Station Explodes
Space station explodes if you approach it.

Fixed. This has happened to me so many times and I was finally in a position to trace the problem and fix it.

Awesome. That issue had driven us nuts all last year. ^^;

I need to update my list of bugs.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

When you bumped into the station, it was interpreting that as ground contact. Space stations explode when they touch the ground.

The update was posted to Steam.

(03-01-2023, 11:12 PM)Haxus Wrote: When you bumped into the station, it was interpreting that as ground contact. Space stations explode when they touch the ground.

So that's what was happening. Thanks for fixing that!  Big Grin

Im still crashing while using the weapons console heres my save

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jJujUg2...sp=sharing

character: Tex Dawson - i am trying to use the tractor to move the station nearby to a city called blake i can never get far from the planet the station is currently at before crashing.

Thank you for the update.

The dangerous exchange does work now. The story chapter was completed successfully, however the knife seems to have duped. I had it in my inventory and Dr. Xian had it in her hand.

Save that immediately triggers the story chapter:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IPqJFRx...sp=sharing

This is not game breaking, you may want to investigate.
just results in an extra messge that xian wants the knife when she already has it before she proceeds to walk away.

Screenshot:
[Image: image.png]

Can confirm the game still crashes when using the weapon's console, but this time it was after I was on it for a while (through the helm), was harvesting preons
What even

See also https://www.hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2917 for a bug with the pressure tent spawning in a gas giant atmosphere's aerial platform.