Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Computers not being fetched

I've recently noticed that computers haven't been used by any production processes or construction jobs. This includes both connected buildings in a city that produces computers, and also other cities in the solar system connected by airports. I have over 10,000 computers stored, and I'm able to pull them out manually, drop them on the construction site, and then they get used properly:
[Image: fMGIQOq.png]
You can see the capital has many units available:
[Image: kUaLKrT.png]
Apparently there is a computer in use but I'm assuming it's only by the computer factory itself, since no other building seems to have access to them:
[Image: e1gJfDS.png]
This is fairly problematic as a lot of things are much slower or less efficient without access to computers, and this even includes buildings directly connected to the computer factory where the computers are stored

This seems to be possible for any building in any city, and has been reported to happen with electricity and power plants before too, making it severe on hostile colonies

This bug happens consistently, and I can transfer the save if needed
What even

Update: I think I fixed this by building another identical computer factory in the same city, with identical manufacturing settings... Both are inside police jurisdiction and are connected by the same type of roads, so it does seem to be some kind of "connection" bug, can provide the save with both factories
What even

(02-21-2023, 11:57 PM)Celarious Wrote: Update: I think I fixed this by building another identical computer factory in the same city, with identical manufacturing settings... Both are inside police jurisdiction and are connected by the same type of roads, so it does seem to be some kind of "connection" bug, can provide the save with both factories
If that is the case, it is not just computers, but an intermittent connection issue. I had factories not frab power from a power plant earlier today. Decided to  build a differnet one and scrap the old and don't have a relavant save at this time.
I also remember having an issue wiith electronic parts distribution earlier, but I rebuilt the city since then.

(02-22-2023, 12:04 AM)kajanov Wrote:
(02-21-2023, 11:57 PM)Celarious Wrote: Update: I think I fixed this by building another identical computer factory in the same city, with identical manufacturing settings... Both are inside police jurisdiction and are connected by the same type of roads, so it does seem to be some kind of "connection" bug, can provide the save with both factories
If that is the case, it is not just computers, but an intermittent connection issue. I had factories not frab power from a power plant earlier today. Decided to  build a differnet one and scrap the old and don't have a relavant save at this time.
I also remember having an issue wiith electronic parts distribution earlier, but I rebuilt the city since then.

I think I remember a similar issue in the MMO during U5 or U6, where a frigid city just refused to get power from a power plant
Hopefully Haxus sees this thread and manages to find the cause, it can cause big problems in the empire
What even

Bug 
Scope: Any built spacecraft/spaceship

Observation: This is a tricky bug to describe. It seems that computers do not follow the Q limit set. It seems like it's only taking the lowest value first. Also (additionally) if you adjust the production Q limit and fetch, the first time it pulls in goods any subsequent changes to Q limit and fetch requests do not work; you have to stop the ship production to clear it from the queue and start over again. 

Current remedy: Just leave the Q limit set on 1 OR rebuild the factory causing the issue (Thanks DeanTwo and Celarious!)

Steps to reproduce:
1. Have different Q levels in your city (I know bad....I can't seem to get rid of these dang computer despite not producing them anymore!)
2. Queue up a ship and try to get the highest Q level you can
3. Change the Q level until you are able to get the best goods you can
4. Action 3 will fail when trying to fetch
5. Change the Q level back to 1 for testing and fetch again
6. Action 5 will fail
7. Now you have to stop production and just leave the Q limit on 1

Additional:
Below is a screen shot that shows I have computer above Q 200. It will not fetch them.

[Image: Hazeron-Starship-0kt-HNJf-A9-T.png]

(03-03-2023, 09:55 PM)Rockinsince87 Wrote: Observation: This is a tricky bug to describe. It seems that computers do not follow the Q limit set. It seems like it's only taking the lowest value first. Also (additinoally) if you adjust the production Q limit and fetch, the first time it pulls in goods any subsequent changes to Q limit and fetch requests do not work; you have to stop the ship production to clear it from the queue and start over again. [/size][/font][/color]

Celarious had a similar issue last week or so.
Merged with Celarious's thread.

He seemingly fixed it by bulldozing the computer factory and constructing a new one. But I would love for you to upload your save game first so Haxus can investigate it. You can also check yourself if the computer factory says it isn't connected to all over buildings.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

(03-03-2023, 10:30 PM)Deantwo Wrote:
(03-03-2023, 09:55 PM)Rockinsince87 Wrote: Observation: This is a tricky bug to describe. It seems that computers do not follow the Q limit set. It seems like it's only taking the lowest value first. Also (additinoally) if you adjust the production Q limit and fetch, the first time it pulls in goods any subsequent changes to Q limit and fetch requests do not work; you have to stop the ship production to clear it from the queue and start over again. [/size][/font][/color]

Celarious had a similar issue last week or so.
See: (Bug report) City road connections randomly breaking, despite proximity

He seemingly fixed it by bulldozing the computer factory and constructing a new one. But I would love for you to upload your save game first so Haxus can investigate it. You can also check yourself if the computer factory says it isn't connected to all over buildings.

Yep rebuilding fixed the issue. The funny thing is...the inventory for the computers were in multiple buildings and the computer factory connected to via land and air ie: the number of buildings did not change after I rebuilt it. Sounds like fetch is still messed up??? Every other factory that used computers for buffs or as part of the components were able to pull the correct ones. Odd......

(pic below, these values did not change before and after building)
[Image: Hazeron-Starship-CLqyt-RSVr-R.png]

Very unusual. I'm going to update the workaround for this and mark it as closed. 

Thanks DeanTwo....I should have tried that  Confused

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]

I have just encountered the same issue in my save-game, computers from my computer factory aren't being fetched. This is a very old save-game though, I only just got around to start playing on it again.

My theory is that it is because the computers my factory has in storage are from before the change that made computer function as storage media devices.

Celarious and Rockinsince87, were your save-games from before that change?
See' (Update) 2022-05-06 Bug Fixes
Of course I am not completely sure when that update was released for Hazeron Starship.

Yeah mine's from the first version of Starship
What even

I assume it is just an issue with old save-games from before the 2022-05-06 update then.

But here is the save-game, in case Haxus wants to check it. (Deanone is at the computer factory.)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ns0frjsvos9fnh...ug%29?dl=0