Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-10-09 Exchange Cache, Universe Change, Items Block Doors
Exchange Cache

The building and spacecraft blueprint exchanges download a large and growing blob of data every time a client logs in. That data is now cached on the client.

Universe Change

The arrangement of galaxies in the Hazeron universe was changed so that the war and peace dimensions each contain ten galaxies, arranged in a similar way in each dimension. Refer to the update universe map here.

https://www.hazeron.com/wiki/index.php/Universe

Items Block Doors

Items no longer block doors open. This usually caused trouble, especially when turbo lift doors were blocked open.

Startup Galaxy

The default startup galaxy for new players is now Veil of Targoss. A red message appears when Shores of Hazeron is selected, to warn about the brutal life that awaits players there.
This, please
[Image: Screenshot-507.png]
Report or Exploit
Fuck yea! We're back to the forum boys... Using Patreon for changelogs was such a mistake. Patreon is good service in general, but it's not for pay walling changelogs. :P
No Reset? That is nice. Was not looking forward to starting over at this time.
(10-09-2020, 04:32 PM)Haxus Wrote: Universe Change

The arrangement of galaxies in the Hazeron universe was changed so that the war and peace dimensions each contain ten galaxies, arranged in a similar way in each dimension. Refer to the update universe map here.

Are you resetting the universe at some point in the future or are you not?
[Image: 363.png]

Othon Remnant
(10-09-2020, 07:56 PM)Tor Wrote:
(10-09-2020, 04:32 PM)Haxus Wrote: Universe Change

Are you resetting the universe at some point in the future or are you not?

I am assuming he still plans to reset the universe on 1st-2nd November.
Even though it looks like at least half of the community would want to avoid that.

The galaxy changes did toss some empires into the peace dimension, so I guess Haxus didn't check for uninhibited galaxies to move.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Breaking news!
[Image: 4i1hvt.jpg]
Report or Exploit
It is not necessary to reset the universe database. I completed the changes to rearrange the intergalactic wormholes. There were no problems though some people might now have cities on the "other side".

There is no reset scheduled. I will not reset the database merely because of publishing on Steam.

Quote:Haxus didn't check for uninhibited galaxies to move.
This is a correct statement. I moved the galaxies where I wanted them to be, without regard to their current inhabitants.
Also, I started working on a new feature that will take a lot of work. I don’t expect to be ready for a Steam release at the beginning of November. It will be some time after that. I’ll keep you updated.
I for one am very happy to see some continuity in this universe. It was just starting to get spicy.
I do hope that in the absence of Patreon there will be other ways to help support the project.