Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-10-09 Exchange Cache, Universe Change, Items Block Doors
The monthly fee will return at some point. There is no hurry to do that, at this time.
Haxus, if you want to protect the source and everything, I’d recommend including some sort of always-online digital rights management. I hear it’s the hottest new trend in gaming.
(10-16-2020, 11:34 PM)Mr. Mortius Wrote: Haxus, if you want to protect the source and everything, I’d recommend including some sort of always-online digital rights management. I hear it’s the hottest new trend in gaming.

You should stop trolling, some people don't know when you are joking.

I believe Steam offers some DRM, but it really isn't something I know a lot about.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
(10-16-2020, 11:34 PM)Mr. Mortius Wrote: Haxus, if you want to protect the source and everything, I’d recommend including some sort of always-online digital rights management. I hear it’s the hottest new trend in gaming.

Cut the shit.
Dead serious. If Haxus wants to make money from the game, this sort of monetization would help a lot. Options to pay for unique textures to use in the designer or for wearable equipment, letting pirates drop lootcrates you can buy keys to for unique prizes, and maybe even a buyable currency that can be used in new infinitely repeatable research processes to reduce wait time (Example: Research +% damage on heat energy weapons. It can be researched normally taking one week for +1%, two weeks for +1.5%, four weeks for +2%, etc, or the wait time can be skipped with the purchased currency). This could offset the running costs completely, just look at other games such as Valve's Team Fortress 2 for an example. (Another game on Steam, even)
Quote:just look at other games such as Valve's Team Fortress 2 for an example. (Another game on Steam, even)

TF2 literally only has cosmetics as a monetization method, which is totally fine. i.e: no p2w

It doesn't have any of the other parasitic monetization models mentioned that the world could do less with.
(10-16-2020, 11:34 PM)Mr. Mortius Wrote: always-online

Add access to Galactic chat, and the blueprint exchange. Then it would be almost like normal Hazeron and require always-online. ^^;

Sorry, had to be said.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo