Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patents Cross Discontinuity
At present, patents that are known to an empire are shared across both sides of the discontinuity. This seems to break the separation otherwise imposed by the discontinuity.

It would be relatively easy to split patent knowledge between the parts of an empire that exist on each side of the discontinuity.

Before doing that, I wanted to hear some opinions. Is this a problem at all?
I don't quite understnad the purpose of the patents to begin with.
Never mind. They should not be shared so I am separating them.
If we are talking just about the patents, then I can't think of anything other to say than: separating them is likely a good idea.

I am not sure patents really have the desired end result they were suppose to have, but I don't have anything really against them. They are at least somewhat what people have always wanted, a "tech tree".
The main issues I have with patents is the lack of visual representation and the fact that they function as commodities.

I would love to see the patent researching separated from normal manufacturing mechanics. Possibly a visual tech tree that has options to research on it, rather than selecting the patents from the same old dropdown boxes.
The only reason to have patents work as normal commodity manufacturing is so factories can research their own patents. Such as when a newbie construct a power plant and find out they have to do the research. I would rather they have to do the patent research at the university with a more intuitive user interface.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
I'm not sure if it's important, considering you can't teleport between the zones and it doesn't seem like there's a way to join an empire across the zones either. Might as well separate them though.
(07-02-2018, 11:50 PM)Mr. Mortius Wrote: I'm not sure if it's important, considering you can't teleport between the zones and it doesn't seem like there's a way to join an empire across the zones either. Might as well separate them though.

Why would either of those two things be disallowed? Sounds like a bug.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo