Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2019-10-01 and 2019-10-02 Animalia with Pictures
Animalia
For the past few months, I have been working on a complete redesign of the creature generator in the game. Most of the work was done in a small development project for efficiency. This took me away from the day-to-day game universe. I missed it.

With this update, work on the new creatures moves into the game universe. There is a lot to be done to finish stitching them in. This update does not add any functionality that is useful to players yet. This update enables animals using the new DNA to barely exist in the game universe. This will solidify in future updates.

The current generation three creatures are built using models made by a 3D artist. They are old and they have problems I cannot easily fix so they are getting phased out. The gen3 creatures will remain in the game universe for a while longer, until they can be completely replaced using generation four creatures. When they are gone, I intend to retain enough of their model data to generate their heads, for the many head collections out there, mine included.

The new creatures are the fourth generation of creatures in Shores of Hazeron. Improvements include visual distinction between genders, hair that can be styled, movable jaws, and generated clothing. I adopted a cartoon style, rather than trying to generate realistic human faces. A small audience here gave them a thumbs up. My characters Haxus and Geniv are new style creatures. I am glad to demonstrate them in the game, if you are curious.

Here is a list of changes you might notice in this update.

Haircut and Shave
The Bio (F5) window Biology page now has controls to select your current hair style and shave. These of course depend on your body having head and facial hair. These controls have no effect on the gen3 creatures.

Clothing Names Changed
The names of some clothing changed. Fabric Clothing became Jeans and Shirt, to better describe the appearance on gen4 creatures. This does not change the appearance of gen3 creatures. Environment Suit became EV Suit. Metal Power Armor became Metal EV Suit, likewise for magmium and vulcium EV suits. Woven Body Armor and Woven Helmet became Flak Vest and Flak Helmet.

Clothing Added
Clothing was added that may not be visible at all on gen3 creatures: Capris and Halter, BDUs in three colors, ParcX Uniform, Red Uniform, Gold Uniform, Blue Uniform, and 9 other colors.

All existing helmets and body armor are visible on gen4 creatures, each with a distinctive look.
WELCOME BACK

bless you and your efforts
We're so glad to have you back, Haxus. I look forward to seeing the new creatures in-game. Are existing creatures convertible to new ones, i.e. is their DNA in a convertible format, even if the results look very different? 

I hadn't thought of it before, but some distinction of hair etc. among crew members will be very nice, considering we tend to look at them all day. The ability to forcibly shave off the beards of my enemies, thus humiliating them in the eyes of their womenfolk, would be fun...

As always, I repeat my plug for developing clothing along lines that make it easy for us to customize!
Welcome back! It's been a while!
What even
Haxus, please remake your old Architect avatar using gen4 avatar creator :D
All Hail Haxus' return! I'm excited to see them implemented more and the new equipment!
Btw Haxus, have you considered adding reCaptcha to the forums? There's a very high amount of spammers and adding the recaptcha check would remove a lot of them.
What even
(10-01-2019, 03:17 PM)Haxus Wrote: Clothing Names Changed
The names of some clothing changed. Fabric Clothing became Jeans and Shirt, to better describe the appearance on gen4 creatures. This does not change the appearance of gen3 creatures. Environment Suit became EV Suit. Metal Power Armor became Metal EV Suit, likewise for magmium and vulcium EV suits. Woven Body Armor and Woven Helmet became Flak Vest and Flak Helmet.

Gonna steal a page from Anr's book.

I would suggest making EV helmets part of the EV suit. It doesn't add anything to the game to have them separate, other than mismatching helmet and suit, or having one break but not the other.

The headgear slot could then be used for other headgear. Examples of other possible headgears that could even be worn under a EV suit's helmet would be HUD glasses, headlights or small caps and hats. The headgear could also just be hidden when EV suit's helmet is toggled closed.

See also: (Idea thread) Destroy Broken Clothing and Suits upon Death
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
I like to take my helmet off.

New helmets have a transparent visor that opens and closes, instead of making the whole helmet go away like gen3 creatures. You can see the face of the person inside the helmet now, even when the visor is closed.
I'll take a stab at the captcha thing again.