Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Harvestable Resources from Neutron Stars and Black Holes
I would like to suggest adding harvestable resources to black holes and neutron stars. These resources could require some sort of specialized harvesting equipment, to differentiate them from the nearly universal process: build city, build mine, get resource. Maybe they could require a station to be towed into orbit over them, or require ships to be manually piloted, swooping down into the "Atmosphere" (the purple pulsating swirls for neutron stars and the blue shell for black holes) to be harvested. These could be called neutronium and hawking particles. Adding in some diversity of harvesting that requires player interaction could be interesting if it was used in small quantities for rare and powerful items. These could act as a placeholder for future uses (similar to viathol, flomentum, and plutonium), and act as limited/valuable resources in much shorter supply than others due to requiring manual piloting.
(07-06-2019, 04:05 AM)Mr. Mortius Wrote: I would like to suggest adding harvestable resources to black holes and neutron stars. These resources could require some sort of specialized harvesting equipment, to differentiate them from the nearly universal process: build city, build mine, get resource. Maybe they could require a station to be towed into orbit over them, or require ships to be manually piloted, swooping down into the "Atmosphere" (the purple pulsating swirls for neutron stars and the blue shell for black holes) to be harvested. These could be called neutronium and hawking particles. Adding in some diversity of harvesting that requires player interaction could be interesting if it was used in small quantities for rare and powerful items. These could act as a placeholder for future uses (similar to viathol, flomentum, and plutonium), and act as limited/valuable resources in much shorter supply than others due to requiring manual piloting.

I think this is a solid idea. I've talked on a number of occasions about how the game is lacking real progression at this point, and some resources that are actually difficult to acquire could help that. Although, I would rather that any resources added are put in with an actual purpose rather than as placeholders with purposes put off until later.