Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2019-07-02 Signal Detection
Requests:

(1) If a system produces no warp signature during the hourly cycle, but it previously produced one, it should emit a signal decaying by 1 in strength each hour until gone. If I warp out of an empty system at warp 9, the next hour it will emit a signal of 8 etc. This would make it easier to trace hit-and-run raiders across the sky without making it any easier to remorselessly track down defenseless cities.

(2) Weapons bays should produce a small accumulating signal with each shot, or perhaps linked to capacitor draw, so that it's easy to see where heavy fighting is taking place.
(07-16-2019, 06:31 PM)Vectorus Wrote: If a system produces no warp signature during the hourly cycle, but it previously produced one, it should emit a signal decaying by 1 in strength each hour until gone. If I warp out of an empty system at warp 9, the next hour it will emit a signal of 8 etc. This would make it easier to trace hit-and-run raiders across the sky without making it any easier to remorselessly track down defenseless cities.

Unless the attacker is traveling through a few sectors in a straight line, it is impossible to follow them anyway. Remember that the "warp signature" is only for the system your ship is in, and you only change system when you change sector or stop.

Might be worth it to cause warp signature to be applied to the nearest star, rather than the system the ship is in. Or even better, something entirely different.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Would be nice to separate signatures of empire own/friendly/ally/vassal cities and ships from others. Can be logically described: empire cities and ships report to each other (or centralized empire's intelligence department) how much, when and where they make emissions, friendly/ally/vassal do the same bcs of political agreement. Stats from reports are compared with total emission produced in system to see if there is any difference witch actual produced emission
Nearest star would be a good start, I'd forgotten that. Or a bearing indication for ship signatures.

As Vooker intimates, it is slightly irritating that as you fly around looking for people you end up detecting yourself, potentially chasing your own tail indefinitely. You should know what emissions you or your allies are producing.
Due to implementation choices, each point of space is uniquely attributed to a star in SoH.
So your discussion is kind of pointless.
(07-18-2019, 01:15 PM)AnrDaemon Wrote: Due to implementation choices, each point of space is uniquely attributed to a star in SoH.
So your discussion is kind of pointless.

Yes, but while you are in warp your ship doesn't leave its current system until you leave the current sector or disengage warp. And I am somewhat assuming that the "warp signal" is simply added to the system your ship is currently in, not the nearest star's system to its current coordinates.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo