Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Appeal to return to the old designer

Quote:I sm not sure what "building tactics" you are referring to. You mean having to place solid rooms between hull and interiors so players couldn't exploit through the walls and shoot crew? Or placing turrets in only specific ways so players couldn't use them to get into the ship? Or have no hull doors or paths to the hull doors so it was impossible board the ship?

None of that was really tactical designing, it was just preventing bugs and exploits, or exploiting yourself to get an advantage.

Okay first of all, look at this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Now, if you're really thinking that building tactics were only exploits, that explains why your ships weren't good at all. That's not it. You had for example to choose where the modules go, in order to repair or break them. Also, not having hull doors did not prevent from teleporting inside the ship, that was not an exploit (but ofc, you had to wipe the enemy shield, probably a hard achievement with your lame low-tech civilian spaceships).

Quote:I agree that the new designer has a lot of issues, but saying you don't have the same tactical decisions is nonsense. To be fair you can make even more exploiting and broken designs in the new designer than you ever could in the old designer.

All you're saying is : "Okay the old one had thin walls, so instead of making them thick, let's replace them with a new heavy and complicated system, that sounds better to me, even if it's crap, it's still better".

Now when you design something, you're just basically moving slidebars to change the whole spaceship statistics, everything else is mainly cosmetic (therefore, useless). What an incredible progress.
Also, the new designer finished to kill the game, due to its low ratio complexity/relevance and lot of players were lost in fear to use it.

Messages In This Thread
Appeal to return to the old designer - by Slaxx - 06-12-2019, 08:31 PM
RE: Appeal to return to the old designer - by Xantheose2 - 08-20-2019, 03:22 PM