Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2019-06-04 Fences and Walls
Fence and Wall Construction
Fence and wall buttons on the Construction window do nothing.

Fence and wall buttons are now functional.
  • To draw a fence or wall, click the starting location, on the terrain or in the build zone of a platform, then click the ending location.
  • Shift key can be held while entering the second location, to constrain the angle.
  • G key can be pressed at the start and/or end location, to grab the base of the nearest fence or wall post. This finds fences and walls that are freely drawn as well as those that are part of a building blueprint.
  • The segment entered is divided into appropriate length fence sections, or post spacing, appropriate to the fence style chosen.
  • All fence posts obstruct movement.
  • Fence sections obstruct movement, with some exceptions depending on fence style.
    • Split rail and 3-wire fences do not block creatures with 100hp or less. They also do not block moving items, e.g. missiles, thrown items.
    • Range fencing does not block creatures with 10hp or less.
    • Posts-only fencing does not bock movement between the posts.
  • Fences report themselves as "civilian fence/wall" on the Building page. They are not protected from destruction like typical civilian buildings. Fences and walls can always be destroyed.
  • Fences and walls can be built on platforms. They will not conform to any terrain created by the platform. They will form a straight line between the points entered.
  • Similarly, fences at building sites on platforms will not conform to platform terrain. Those fences will appear where they exist in the blueprint.
Fences and Walls in Blueprints
Fences and walls do not work in a building design. Nothing appears there.

Fences and walls in blueprints now appear where designed.
  • They are adjusted up/down to the terrain when the building is constructed. This adjustment changes as the terrain changes.
  • Movement obstruction works the same as stand-alone fence and wall constructions.
Store Page
Some buildings show a store page on the Building window but they do not have one.

Building window now has a no-store layout for typical buildings that do not have a store at all. The layouts for buildings with special pages will still show a store page if the building could possibly have one. It will be in 'wholesale' mode if the building design does not have one.

Biodome Weather Info
Weather information on the Locator window is incorrect when inside a biodome. Shouldn't it show the weather inside the biodome?

Fixed Locator weather info to report biodome environment while inside a biodome or other enclosure.

Map Error
Map spot in wrong place for aerial platform on a gas giant. It appears centered at the building placement location but the blueprint origin is not the center of the model.

Fixed map spot offset error.

Platforms on Gas Giant
Difficult to place sea and aerial platforms on a gas giant due to distance from core.

Fixed. It works easily now.

Gas Giant Render Bug
Gas giant sea surface render bug. As I approach a gas giant, there appears a lot of polygon collisions that seem to happen about at sea level.

Fixed sea surface polygon collision bug.
Presently, when a wall or fence is destroyed, the entire segment is destroyed. I have a to-do item to destroy individual sections of the fence or wall instead of the whole thing. The object can handle it, just an unfinished detail.
I like that you engage the real problems now haxus. Hope you read my pm. Dean is a problem. Also, mind you the "i created a technology to create water" post. Also haxus, get ready for world war 3. i like to give you my final thank you for this game. Please make a security copy of hazeron and store it safely somewhere.
... first, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns, this time, as a great hero.
Slaxx Wrote:Please make a security copy of hazeron and store it safely somewhere.

Lol, for all the people who will be playing computer games after the war?
(06-04-2019, 04:25 PM)Haxus Wrote:
Slaxx Wrote:Please make a security copy of hazeron and store it safely somewhere.

Lol, for all the people who will be playing computer games after the war?

No,  because good things must be preserved.
... first, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns, this time, as a great hero.
Did you fix the issue with being unable to build on gas giant cores?
There will be a lot of interesting things we can do with this.

Will it be possible to let us define the repeating segments for fences and walls ourselves one day?
Vectorus Wrote:Will it be possible to let us define the repeating segments for fences and walls ourselves one day?
Yes, it would be relatively easy to expand upon what has been done, to enable that. I considered it. The additional work was more than I wanted to tackle this time around.

At one point, I sort of knew it was inevitable.

Since you asked, I will look at doing it today.
(06-05-2019, 02:28 PM)Haxus Wrote:
Vectorus Wrote:Will it be possible to let us define the repeating segments for fences and walls ourselves one day?
Yes, it would be relatively easy to expand upon what has been done, to enable that. I considered it. The additional work was more than I wanted to tackle this time around.

At one point, I sort of knew it was inevitable.

Since you asked, I will look at doing it today.
Would be nice if bridges and tunnels were made the same way. As segments.
But might need a special end segment for each end of the bridge/tunnel.

Assuming you are still planning on making tunnels.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
I agree. I just built my first wall, and stood there staring at it in shock for a good ten minutes it was so overwhelming. I'll probably stay here for a long time as well with quality updates like this one.