Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Client lockup on attempt to control character
This has happened the second time to me.I log into the geame, all seems to be all right. The scene loads, guys running around, everything is nice and all right until I try to cause my character to change position.
No matter if I try to move mouse to rotate or touch keyboard to step around, the client instantly locks up and remain in this position for several minutes.
If I do not send new controls, it will eventually recover and go about displaying the environment like nothing happened.

This happened two weeks ago once, and was able to move around a week ago, now this happened again.
I didn't even rebooted the system during this time. Uptime is 20+ days ATM.
Locking for last two client updates. When is the next server restart? :)
Still locking. :(
I am unable to reproduce this error.

I assume you have cleared all game cached data? It's rarely an issue but worth a shot.

It is safe to remove the entire Shores of Hazeron settings folder from the registry. The program does not store or depend on any data there. You will have to reenter your login name and password because those will be lost. If memory serves, the path is...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Programs/Software Engineering/Shores of Hazeron
Multiple times. It changes from server restart to another.
Since I rarely reboot my own system, I can safely assume this is not a local problem.

In a moment of clarity, we've discovered that the cause was enabled system proxy server (socks). The mystery is that in either case the connection should have been going the same route.
SoH should probably have a switch of its own to use the proxy or not?
Or work better to support proxies.
At the application level, it is just a connection opened to an IP address. There is no option to do anything with proxies.

Does the proxy change the DNS mapping of network names?
That, I don't know. All I can see from netstat is that two TCP sockets opened by SOH are leading through proxy.
Will try and dig deeper next time I have spare time. Right now I'm entangled in recovering the TS3 instance.