Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
New Ship Designer is Way Too Complex

(10-15-2019, 08:35 PM)Lochar Wrote: I have been using exchange but this Q lvl vs Tech lvl of old throws me off. Specially when see a Q1 that needs IO,Cryo and few other resources that don't usually start out with.

Yeah Q on a spacecraft blueprint is confusing, it doesn't actually have much of an impact on the design itself, it just lets the designer cram smaller subsystems into the design than would otherwise be needed.

For example: If the design is too small to have both a FTL drive and a power plant, the designer can raise the minimum Q a little. This causes all subsystems to be a better, in this case the power plant will produce more power and the life support subsystem will require less volume that can then be used elsewhere.

While that might seem good on paper for some players, it makes almost no sense for new players. The Q slider in the designer should be removed. Replace it with something simple like a couple new advanced modules.
For example: Add a more advanced power plant module that uses one of the advanced resources. Then players can increase the effectiveness of the spacecraft's power plant by adding another advanced resource to the construction bill.

Then add a filter to the exchange that lets us filter by resources needed in construction.

(10-15-2019, 08:35 PM)Lochar Wrote: Also while I am happy folks have posted something on the exchange, is it a bit of trial and error to find a ship that doesn't have pathing issues or hard to get into. I have been just using of disks and previewing them in designer before commit.

Definitely post some positive reviews on the good blueprints you find, and some negative low star reviews on the bad blueprints.

I haven't gotten to look at that many of the spacecraft in the blueprint exchange, so I can't tell you exactly what is good either.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Ship Designer is Way Too Complex - by Deantwo - 10-16-2019, 05:46 AM