Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
New Ship Designer is Way Too Complex

Hey all,

I just got back to Hazeron after years away (last time I played it was old-style cities and ships) and I thought I'd try my hand at designing a ship because none of the few on the exchange fit my needs.  Jesus.  You basically need to be a professional CAD modeller to use that thing.  Even when I'd managed to build what is basically a couple of boxes with rooms in them, I spent 20 minutes trying (and failing) to figure out how to add capacitors, drives and weapons to it.

I appreciate the freedom it gives us in designs for ships and buildings, but it's just way too complex for the vast majority of people to use.  The old designer was more along the right lines, working in blocks.

What's most telling about this is looking at the blueprint exchange, both the lack of designs available and the number of designs that are just flying bricks or small modifications of Haxus' ships.

Hazeron already has a huge learning curve as a barrier to entry, having such a core part of gameplay be so inaccessible could be damaging to the long-term viability of the community.

Just my 2 cents anyway.

Messages In This Thread
New Ship Designer is Way Too Complex - by CaptObvious - 05-25-2019, 10:12 AM