Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2019-05-16 Drilling Rigs, Platforms
Here are some pictures.

Note that platforms may intersect terrain. I rode a motor bike smoothly up the hill and onto the platform. I think you could build things on the protruding terrain. They would not be destroyed if the platform was destroyed, only things placed on the platform.

http://hazeron.com/gallery/PlatformInTerrain1.png
http://hazeron.com/gallery/PlatformInTerrain2.png
http://hazeron.com/gallery/GasGiantPlatform1.png
http://hazeron.com/gallery/GasGiantPlatform2.png
Oops my thinking was a bit backward regarding the military construction rules.

The platform should be considered a military building if it hosts any military building. Failing to do so enables the HQ to become indestructible, guarded by a civilian platform that cannot be destroyed as long as a military building exists.

When the platform is considered a military building, no rule prevents it from being destroyed and taking an HQ building with it. Other military buildings that were not on the platform could then exist without an HQ. They could not have been built that way but they should not pose a problem.
When a platform holding a city capitol is destroyed, the capitol and the city are destroyed with it.

That could leave behind police and banks that were not on the platform. The surviving police will stop having a jurisdiction over any buildings. Their empire would change to that of the empire who claimed the world.

Presently, the lost police would not permit a new capitol to be built in their jurisdiction area. I just fixed that. When the servers are updated, you will be able to build a capitol building there and the police would become part of that city. Their empire would change to that of the city. Buildings in their jurisdiction would change with them.
Biodomes do not destroy the buildings inside them when they are destroyed. If the remaining buildings cannot tolerate the environment, they are destroyed afterward.
(05-16-2019, 10:19 PM)Haxus Wrote: When the platform is considered a military building, no rule prevents it from being destroyed and taking an HQ building with it. Other military buildings that were not on the platform could then exist without an HQ. They could not have been built that way but they should not pose a problem.

Could make all remaining military buildings on the world become neutral and belong to no one, "forgotten empire" seem appreciate. Then if a new HQ is built it can take ownership over the buildings, much like your idea with police stations.

But yeah, buildings that are required to be part of a base or city should become inactive while they are not. Preferably by changing owner or something else visual so we can see it.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Speaking of platforms, I think this needs to be in the category of drilling rigs - a purposeful build, not a random picking.
I.e. building Aerial Platform on a Gas Giant would automatically place it at the depth of supposedly normal atmospheric pressure.
(05-18-2019, 11:11 AM)AnrDaemon Wrote: Speaking of platforms, I think this needs to be in the category of drilling rigs

Not totally sure what you mean by that.

But I do feel that drilling rigs are a little random. I mean they do the exact same thing as a normal well, only placed on water. Why should that building be special like that?
It would make more sense if we could simply build wells on sea platforms. So you make an empty "rig" sea platform over the oil deposit, and then build a well on it. This would make it consistent with any other building you want to build on the sea, like maybe a mine for mining under sea minerals.
I did mean
Quote:…a purposeful build, not a random picking.
"Air Platform" is okay, but "400 m" is rather random.
(05-19-2019, 06:04 AM)AnrDaemon Wrote: I did mean
(05-18-2019, 11:11 AM)AnrDaemon Wrote: …a purposeful build, not a random picking.
"Air Platform" is okay, but "400 m" is rather random.

Still not completely sure what you mean. Did you see what Haxus said on page 1? You can adjust the height of the platform.
(05-16-2019, 08:36 PM)Haxus Wrote: When placing an aerial platform, the MSL altitude is shown. Mouse wheel raises and lowers it +/- 100m. Shift changes the increment to +/- 1m. It cannot be placed below some minimum (1m?). The cursor also shows the remaining space above the platform, for buildings built on top of it.
Yes, I did read that. And that's what bothering me.