Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2019-04-18 Old City Nerf, Server Deadlock
Old City Nerf
The old cities have reached the end of their life. They need to be removed.

Old cities were removed from the universe. This is what happened to them.
  • Roads and landscapers were transferred to new style roads and landscapers, which are independent of cities. These were well preserved because there was an almost 1:1 correspondence between old and new. Pressurized roads became concrete roads, losing their enclosures.
  • A new capitol building was placed at or near the location of the old city's capitol building, or its town square if it had no capitol building.
  • If the new capitol building could not be placed, a beacon was placed there instead, and the city was lost completely, except for its roads.
  • City money and report history were stored at the new capitol building. You may still see the old reports for awhile.
  • Hangars were built to replace existing hangars that contained spacecraft. Ships in them were moved to the new hangars.
  • A police station was placed at or near one existing police station, if any.
  • A bank was placed at or near one existing bank, if any and if a police was built.
  • An airport was placed at or near one existing airport, if any.
  • City inventory was distributed among the resulting buildings.
  • Empire, galaxy, and sector capitol status was transferred to the new capitol building where appropriate.
Building placement could fail due to construction rules. In that case, those individual buildings were lost. That could include the capitol building, in which case the entire city was lost, except the roads, and a beacon was placed there instead.

If a hangar could not be placed, the spacecraft inside it were launched into orbit.

Underwater and gas giant cities probably failed to place any buildings other than the capitol.

Server Deadlock
A server deadlocked.

The deadlock happened when a building fetched a water vehicle to one of its parking spots. Water vehicles get a little extra work, to insure they fall/float to the water surface, and that resulted in a deadlock. It is fixed.

Shipments
Player hauling of TEU shipments is incomplete.

Finished some final details of players hauling shipments, related to the consequences for opening or jettisoning shipments.
(04-18-2019, 05:05 PM)Haxus Wrote: Old City Nerf
The old cities have reached the end of their life. They need to be removed.

Old cities were removed from the universe.

Goodbye old cities. You will be missed a bit, but now it is time to move forward.

I guess I have an empire to rebuild.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
RIP old cities, as far as I know mine had all been decayed or stolen anyway.
Removed all the old-style city guides and building pages on the wiki.
Updated all remaining building pages to have the new infoboxs that Haxus supplied me information for.
You added measuring tools to roads! Thank you! Hoorah!  :D
So with this it looks like Axia is destroyed.
Are my buildings going to start out at level 1 and work their way to 255?
Haxus abolished Q for building processes. Now you just get whatever you put in.
the buildings no longer level up over time?
(04-24-2019, 12:33 PM)Zoyd Wrote: the buildings no longer level up over time?

That is correct.
See: http://hazeron.com/wiki/index.php/Technology_Update
Are there default models for all buildings or am I going to have to design them?
I am trying to figure out how long I have before I lose the empire completely or if I can try to place default buildings