Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
System Map/Survey mismatch with actual System
System Map/Survey does not match up with actual celestial bodies and resource quality in system.
[Image: nHvOwFw.png]
System in question is:
Tlaxlan System (-3.7, 2.9, 3.9)
Tlaxlani Sector (-42, -24, 0)
Edge of the Rift
Have the same problem myself. Revisited an old system to gather 252 ql af particles, only to find the system decayed. 

The star map insist the old planets are there but they aren't. 

System PP'LXJ'BJB'b in Crown of Othon. No way of rescanning the system either.
It would be good if, as well as fixing this, a mechanism were added to automatically rescan all (or selected) systems in our database without having to visit them again, since we have in fact done the work that the game asks. Whether one-time or a permanent feature I don't know.
(04-24-2019, 08:54 AM)Vectorus Wrote: It would be good if, as well as fixing this, a mechanism were added to automatically rescan all (or selected) systems in our database without having to visit them again, since we have in fact done the work that the game asks. Whether one-time or a permanent feature I don't know.

*Channels my inner Anr*
No, we should not have to manually request a re-scan of problem systems. Just fix the bug so it is all correct.

Haxus has said before that this is a bug with inconsistent seeds that happened because of changes to system generation. The survey seeds just need to be changed to use the system's current seed instead.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Yup, I was envisaging either a one-time thing Haxus would do behind the scenes, or a manual thing if the problem ran deeper. Glad it can just be the former.
More specifically, there were two or three different issues if I recall explanations correctly.
1. (fairly old one) Seeds stored to database were not those generated by engine. Close, but not exactly same. Assumed fixed before time of current galaxy.
2. Changes in underlying generators, i.e. those implemented for habitable Gas Giants.
3. One more which I don't recall off the top of my head.
bumpybump