Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ship teleported 120 sectors outside galaxy
(07-02-2020, 10:55 PM)Deantwo Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 01:58 PM)Mal Wrote: 4) Blinking cursor in the galactic map in fact showed my position within the ship as being 150 sectors away, so I'm not sure that it would still be in the same scene as the old system as Dean said. All evidence points to the ship actually being teleported there.

Star map will still show the blinking cross location as outside the galaxy. The only way to see which scene the ship is actually in, would be the mission status display on the ship, or possibly the navigation console or system map.

But like I said, navigation and all other consoles displayed the ETA as being > a week to reach the destination system, and it was counting down.
(07-03-2020, 08:01 PM)Mal Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 10:55 PM)Deantwo Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 01:58 PM)Mal Wrote: 4) Blinking cursor in the galactic map in fact showed my position within the ship as being 150 sectors away, so I'm not sure that it would still be in the same scene as the old system as Dean said. All evidence points to the ship actually being teleported there.

Star map will still show the blinking cross location as outside the galaxy. The only way to see which scene the ship is actually in, would be the mission status display on the ship, or possibly the navigation console or system map.

But like I said, navigation and all other consoles displayed the ETA as being > a week to reach the destination system, and it was counting down.

Yes, that happens since the ship really is 1500pc away from the solar system's star, but it is technically still in the solar system.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Same issue happened to me. Was onboard ship and gave order through the map to warp to a nearby system. Ship entered warp after which I noticed a very high ETA. Looked on star map and found I was well outside the galaxy but nav consoles and such still registered me being in the initial system.
This may happen on the edge of the galaxy as I recall. There's no more "at least one star per sector", so a solarsystem may stretch to multiple sectors. See the answer right above yours.
(10-22-2020, 06:50 AM)AnrDaemon Wrote: This may happen on the edge of the galaxy as I recall. There's no more "at least one star per sector", so a solarsystem may stretch to multiple sectors. See the answer right above yours.

Not related to this issue. And there are still sectors outside the galaxy, they are just empty, supposedly.
This issue still exist in Hazeron Starship.
Just had this happen to me. Was going from one planet to the next in the same system. All of a sudden bam! 3014 sectors away. 

13.9 Days at Warp 9...lol...

Strange thing is. It seems I never left the system. My system coordinates and sector coordinates seem to confirm this. 

[Image: Hazeron-Starship-Cc-Zi-Tdh-F8z.png]

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]
(03-12-2021, 09:02 PM)Rockinsince87 Wrote: Strange thing is. It seems I never left the system. My system coordinates and sector coordinates seem to confirm this.

Not really strange, that is that exact behavior of this bug.
I assume it is a coordinate corruption of some kind, but I haven't really any clue.
(03-13-2021, 12:00 AM)Deantwo Wrote:
(03-12-2021, 09:02 PM)Rockinsince87 Wrote: Strange thing is. It seems I never left the system. My system coordinates and sector coordinates seem to confirm this.

Not really strange, that is that exact behavior of this bug.
I assume it is a coordinate corruption of some kind, but I haven't really any clue.

That would explain it. Overflow on a variable or two.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]
That's practically possible, just not easily achievable in normal game.
Imagine every solarsystem a bubble. Normally, bubbles push each other and where they touch, the ship transit to the next system.
But if bubble somehow won't push the nearby bubbles, you may end up far-far-away while still being inside the bubble.

P.S.
Is starship only available in Steam?