Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Design studio crashes or teleports to primeval world

On windows build designer sometimes teleport you into primeval world when it's left unattended for some time.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open any design
- Minimize designer completely
- Do any tasks on PC for 5-15 minutes (web surfing, watching videos, playing games)
- Open up designer. Most of the time it will load primeval world
Designer just did that while i was writhing this post. Debugger remain silent

Designer can crash, usually randomly. I had most crashes while using face mode and/or texturing parts close to camera (1-2 meters or closer)
One time debugger catch exception "std::bat_cast at memory location". Dunno what that means and i don't know how to use debugger anyway
Report or Exploit

Can confirm, it seems to be an idle-prevention thing of some kind
What even

This is fixed. It will be posted in the next update. It did not make it into the update today.

Still occurs to me, was just alt-tabbing out of the designer, or whenever the designer freezes by applying textures using the unwrap by edges vertically or horizontally function in the texture wrapper, this causes the program to lock up and end up kicking the Avatar out of the offline designer into a random world, being unable to come back into the designer.

Really need an autosave feature in the designer... If I could I would set it to save every 30 seconds.

I can see that this bug report mentions two separate issues. And I can't tell from Haxus's reply which of the two he fixed. Vooker525, please don't have multiple issues in the same thread in the future.

I am moving this out of the Closed Bug Reports section. It sounds like the "throws player from designer into primeval world" issue still exists.

(04-06-2023, 01:58 PM)OnePercent Wrote: Really need an autosave feature in the designer... If I could I would set it to save every 30 seconds.

As long as that auto-save is to a separate file, I like that idea. Have the designer itself ask the player if they want to load from the last auto-save if one exist during start up, and then just have the normal save function delete the auto-save.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo