Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Starting Sector -
When a new Empire is created isn't there was some formula that keeps your starting sector some distance from another claimed sector?

It is quite disheartening to spend literally days making a new Empire only to be next door to the most powerful Empire in the game?  Understandably a long lived empire would have far reaching "probe" territory, but landing next door to such a power on the outside fringes of the galaxy just sucks.
I haven't done it in a while, but can't you choose to spawn on the "border" of a cluster? 

I'm sorry you didn't end up where you wanted, but I'm sure you won't have any trouble from Mortius unless you provoke him. With easy brokers and stargates you don't really need your empire to be contiguous these days - it used to be more important for trade routes.
(11-23-2018, 01:58 PM)Snowmantis Wrote: It is quite disheartening to spend literally days making a new Empire only to be next door to the most powerful Empire in the game?

First of all, the Weltreich empire is every-freaking-where. They doesn't bite unless you attack first, or if they deem you to be inactive and capture your city in an attempt to preserve it. They aren't unreasonable, so just send them a diplomatic message and ask them why they are in your sector and if they would mind giving you more albow room.

When you create your avatar I think you still get the option to select a start area when you also select your zone (PvP Galaxy or non-PvP Galaxy).
The options are:
  • Cluster
    • There are 4 clusters in each of the two starting galaxies. They are located 165 sectors from the core of the galaxy towards the direction.
  • Frontier
    • The frontier is the edge of a cluster. The frontier is ever moving further and further away from the center of the cluster as the cluster grows.
  • Remote
    • Choosing to spawn in a remote location is favored by people that wanna hide. But since the spawn location is almost completely random, the chance of actually meeting other empires is VERY VERY low.

For more information, see the old unused guide I made.
Here: http://hazeron.com/wiki/index.php/Starti...and_Sector
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo