Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2018-09-27 Ship Repair, University Morale, Delete Overlap, Craters

Well, that infrastructure is what you build over time in the whole resource-processsing game, but if you are talking about orbital shipyards again, I think we could look at that more closely.

I've mentioned in my money thread that cash might help limit the number of ships you can keep operational, but that will also scale with new cities.

I get the sense that in the real world and most sci fi settings it is investment that limits shipbuilding. There are presumably enough raw materials in the world for the US Navy to build 100 ships every year, but they don't own those materials and can't afford to buy them. So if it could be balanced, I might prefer cash to be the limiting factor rather than increased material cost. 

Would part numbers' entering the billions, which they would if flatly scaled to new cities, break more of Haxus' variables? It might have a demoralising effect on new players who don't have city planners and stick to old-sized cities? I'm sure they would rise to the challenge, but the scaling might have to be non-linear and more generous at lower levels. Needing 1000x the rocket motors to build your first ship would sink the early game.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2018-09-27 Ship Repair, University Morale, Delete Overlap, Craters - by Vectorus - 09-29-2018, 08:42 AM