Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2018-09-27 Ship Repair, University Morale, Delete Overlap, Craters

I'm not sure I see the point of making a repaired ship the quality of the worst item used either. I guess someone could sit there and remove parts from a ship that might have a slightly higher quality than whatever raw resource they're mining, but without actually going and developing a source of that material they aren't going to be able to do anything that'd have much of an impact on the game. Tanking the quality of a ship whenever it might repair at the wrong place will affect things far more.

Anr, would you mind explaining how construction modules would improve things for ships? Production and supply chains can keep up just fine, as I have a city with lines of factories producing the largest allowed ships. New cities are a huge help, if you aren't using those yet. Construction modules would presumably cost the same amount of raw materials as just building a ship too, all they would do is add another intermediate step, so I'm not sure how that'd change anything. They'd only increase the number of steps in the production chain, not simplify anything. I do know one benefit that someone mentioned would be to sell modules to an empire without the patents to create them so that they could build ships they normally couldn't, but given how simple it is to obtain patents and that the ship could just be sold directly, this doesn't seem like a big benefit either.

I can see requiring multiple modules to upgrade or change a system being required after a ship is already constructed, though. Currently, a ship can be built with a metal hull that requires millions of metal, then upgraded to an adamantine hull which only requires 50k adamantine. The best way I can see to handle this is to keep the manual upgrading option, but have it require a certain number of modules of that type be available in the ship's cargo hold. It'd then consume more than one module to upgrade a ship.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2018-09-27 Ship Repair, University Morale, Delete Overlap, Craters - by Mr. Mortius - 09-27-2018, 10:28 PM