Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Forum] Swap "new messages"/"no new messages" images.
I don't know, what the theme author was thinking, but the white "no new messages" indicator on an overall dark forum background stands out like sore thumb.
Agreed, and I already mentioned it in the feedback thread.
Here: http://hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=17

I actually had a fun idea about replacing the current indicators with icons from the game.
Maybe the sector icon ([Image: 347468357538152449.png]), and then add the distress mark ([Image: 364491498508517378.png]) to it when there are new posts.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
I also agree. After taking some time searching for how to make that change, I gave up.
(06-06-2018, 12:58 AM)Haxus Wrote: I also agree. After taking some time searching for how to make that change, I gave up.

Looked around a little bit and found where the status icon is computed:
http://hazeron.com/mybb/cache/themes/theme3/global.css
Code:
.forum_status {
height: 30px;
width: 30px;
background: url(../../../images/forum_icon_sprite.png) no-repeat 0 0;
display: inline-block;
}
[Image: forum_icon_sprite.png]
I think it would be best to make a new theme with necessary changes.
Anybody up for a challenge?
(06-06-2018, 06:47 PM)AnrDaemon Wrote: I think it would be best to make a new theme with necessary changes.
Anybody up for a challenge?

Yeah I agree.
But I have no idea how to do that, apart from drawing icons in Paint.Net.
I downloaded the current theme. It only contains the single XML file with CSS and some HTML code, no images.
I think I'll try my hand.
(06-06-2018, 07:47 PM)AnrDaemon Wrote: I downloaded the current theme. It only constains the single XML file with CSS and some HTML code, no images.
I think I'll try my hand.

Might be a better idea to use the default MyBB theme. Since the one Haxus installed has a few bugs.
Shame this isn't XenForo. Would have been able to make that change in 2 seconds. And I know of a very good, and flexible theme for that forum software. :P

Actually did make an XenForo forum for another community a little back. Think it turned out pretty well.
But unfortunately, that forum isn't free. :/
It was more than 2 seconds due to very bad source formatting. Lots of bad whitespace stuff that had to be fixed before diffs became stable enough to read.

https://gitlab.com/anrdaemon/Lunorian-fo...or-soh.xml

It ONLY swaps around these two sprites, locked and redirection topics were not changed. Though, they are not of concern ATM.

(06-06-2018, 07:55 PM)Deantwo Wrote: the one Haxus installed has a few bugs.

Umm, which bugs? Generally, it's just totally unusable for me. Each post takes almost entire screen, with decorations being 90% of that space. Hard to find bugs in such lush environment.