Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall damage is broken and should be turned off by default, until it works better

I just started a new character (Omnivorous Glabrian), with rather high speed (not even the maximum). I kept getting "hit by the terrain" and even died from it ... from just running (and even walking) around. Just imagine being a new player and this being your first few minutes in Hazeron. I can imagine this would cause many insta-refunds.

I know you can turn it off, a new player however likely does not. I remember a new player who refunded the game also complaining about "colliding with the terrain". (the guy who said he never played anything this bad)

therefore I suggest to have it turned off by default, until it is fixed for alien characters.

I had no such issues on my chordates.

Edit: Iirc for collisions with walls this was an issue at some time also and the treshold was then increased to about 15m/s so people wouldn't keep dieing from hitting walls. Max speed characters should be able to run around without dieing from minimal height differences otherwise what's the point of having max speed.

The reason you never experienced this with a Chordate is because they're locked to moving at snail speed, which itself is also an insta-refund and is why I think Alien should be the default option
But yeah, agree, it should be off by default until it's balanced a bit
What even