Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Planetary Name List Bug?

Planetary names disappear from the list when trying to do an orbit planet order from within the system.

Other times when trying to add an orbit planet to an open mission I get this. (intermittently it seems)

The data is still present on the survey report but missing from the world and system maps. You can choose the planet and still fly there. Mission will say "Orbit current planet."

(04-04-2024, 02:33 AM)Grecanis Wrote: The data is still present on the survey report but missing from the world and system maps. You can choose the planet and still fly there. Mission will say "Orbit current planet."

I spoke too soon. The data is missing from newly surveyed systems.

Well, I'm at a point where my main goal is to find 255 resources. That kind of brings this bug into the game breaking realm.

It seems the workaround for this is to log out of the game, After logging back in it will be fixed.

If you have an XML save that is missing the planet names, redoing the save will fix that as well.

I have the same issues in the mission order lists and it also happens in survey reports.

Restarting the game does not fix it for me though.

It is not a terrible bug, but it still hampers gameplay, because finding the right planet in a system is a bit harder. (have to use the zone and diameter instead of planet name and hope there aren't 2 planets with the same diameter in the same zone)

Same issue. names are missing from survey reports or current system map.

I found sort of a workaround, at least for the current system:

renaming the system gets all names/numbers to show up correctly again.