Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Critical] Cannot drop items

Exclamation 
After one of the most recent updates it seems we are unable to drop items on the group. This completely prevents the construction of the first stone quarry.

This also seems to affect all placed items on ships. I loaded my save-game and my Gulliver starship is now empty, so the effect of the bug seems somewhat retroactive.

I attempted to toss some dynamite, no item appeared and explosion.

Killing creatures seem to not drop any carcass or items.

Items just seem to not appear in the world at all, or maybe they vanish instantly.

This has been confirmed by multiple players, and no one is reporting to not be affected.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

I have puzzled about this all day. A thought just occurred to me. Perhaps the items are being broken by falling damage. I will check this more thoroughly tomorrow. You might try lying prone or crouching when you drop an item.

If this is the case I will place dropped items at your feet instead of letting them fall to the ground.

I might also add a breaking item effect.

If you suspect it is caused by rapid environmental decay you might try building a fire. Items do not suffer environmental decay when they are near a fire, possibly as much as 10m away. (I don’t remember, maybe just a few meters)

I did some testing, crates that have items inside always drop fine regardless of prone/standing

However, empty crates do not appear, and no other item appears, even if prone/crouched when dropping

Tried to build a fire to see if its protection helped but that the fire also never appeared on the ground

[Image: kix6lpw.png]

The amount of items inside the crate doesn't seem to matter, I've dropped a full one and one with only a ring inside and both appeared
What even

I attempted to dropping some active Beacons, both while standing or prone. They did not appear, make any broadcasts, or make any light.
I tried to place them on static display. They still did not appear either.

I tried handcrafting a campfire, but it did not appear either.
I tried dropping items inside a ship, or place them on static display. Nothing appeared.
I even tried to drop Dr. Xian's ring, and it also just vanishes.

I tried throwing a C4 from my hand. I actually saw the item for a spilt second before it vanished.

I tried unchecking the "Apply Falling Damage" option, but it didn't change anything.

Projectiles also don't seem to appear in the world, and therefore just don't work at all. On an unrelated note, I did somehow manage to crash the game when firing my ballistic turret a bit while testing this.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

This is fixed. An update will be posted shortly.