Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crashing after a short time

ive been playing since before the launch and recently my save has gotten a bit unstable.
ive been able to stop hazeron from crashing by unloading more building blueprints and clearing the temp folder but now the game is crashing with no steam blueprints loaded after a few minutes of runtime.

i reached about 5600 systems explored, the save file is nearly a gigabyte in size and the starchart is about 270MB.
also, after crashing some of the previously explored starmap becomes uncharted spontaneously.

(12-24-2023, 07:56 AM)dracotonisamond Wrote: also, after crashing some of the previously explored starmap becomes uncharted spontaneously.

That is likely just because the sectors decay. If if the sector is empty and you aren't within range of it, it will decay and stop showing on the starmap.
It should appear on the starmap again if you get within range of it? If not, then it is a bug and should be fixed.

It would be nice if surveyed didn't disappear from the starmap, assuming it doesn't cause issues.
You aren't the first to ask about it, but I forget if there is a bug report about it.

Anyway, pretty sure the crash is unrelated to the starmap thing.
But upload the save-game somewhere, then maybe Haxus can reproduce the issue and fix it.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

here is the save.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

Use this instead of sending the A files
[Image: pdjYIiR.png]
What even

(12-24-2023, 07:56 AM)dracotonisamond Wrote: ive been playing since before the launch and recently my save has gotten a bit unstable.
ive been able to stop hazeron from crashing by unloading more building blueprints and clearing the temp folder but now the game is crashing with no steam blueprints loaded after a few minutes of runtime.

i reached about 5600 systems explored, the save file is nearly a gigabyte in size and the starchart is about 270MB.
also, after crashing some of the previously explored starmap becomes uncharted spontaneously.

I just tested your save on my system. Your save loaded up and everything works, including the in game resource search tool. Load time was 6 seconds. Everything works. As expected.

So my save is a few GB in size too and I've noticed that it's painfully slow on my Wife's PC. Her specs are I7-14700k, 32GB DDR4, Crucial MX500 series SSD (Sequential Read is ~250 MB/s), with a AMD Radeon Vega 64 card, Windows 10 22H2. Her computer takes almost a minute to load. I had to delete mine because of how old it was...the more updates it took the more unstable it became. 

Here are my specs.

CPU: i9-12900k
RAM: 32GB DDR5-4800
GPU: Nvidia 3080-TI
HDD: Samsung EVO 980 Pro 2TB NVME, Sequential Read bench mark is about 7.4 GB/s (Not bits)

Edit: I do want to add that Ath'Matar is currently on a ship that never registered him boarding. Meaning, mission screen grayed out, blank spacecraft specifications page, Policy window shows no ship name or anything (not new to me, usually you just get off the ship and get back on to fix it but there seems to be a problem with the Voids at the entrance. Ath'Matar is unable to exit normally. That's the only odd thing I noticed. Your survey ships are warping around doing their thing without issue.

That's strange, my save only has 4 fully explored sectors and is 1GB, but takes like 2mins to load and similar time to save, could the NVME make that huge of a difference? I'm on a standard SATA SSD
What even

(12-27-2023, 01:38 PM)Celarious Wrote: That's strange, my save only has 4 fully explored sectors and is 1GB, but takes like 2mins to load and similar time to save, could the NVME make that huge of a difference? I'm on a standard SATA SSD

I was skeptical at first but honestly it really does make that much of a difference yes. Here are my disk results wit crystaldiskmark. NVME uses the PCI bus which is magnitudes faster vs SATA which at best is capped at 6Gbit/s per second or about 750 MB/s. Most SSDs average about 250 MB/s but some can run them up to ~500 MB/s

System transitions are instant blinks.

EDIT: I've often wondered if some of the crashes are due to timeouts. 

[Image: Disk-Mark64-ZRvfkz-USb-H.png]