Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Poll: Should building Quality of Operation be removed?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Keep building Quality of Operation unchanged.
18.18%
2 18.18%
Eliminate building Quality of Operation.
81.82%
9 81.82%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nerf Building Quality Progression

(09-17-2018, 10:46 PM)Mr. Mortius Wrote: I am against removing building quality of operation. The poll might provide a poor selection of choices, though (Leave unchanged / remove completely with no improve option). I do believe that the player should play a role in advancing their empire's technology, and that increasing the quality of materials harvested (The main progression in the game), is the best way to reward that advancement.

In my opinion, the issue isn't the building quality, but the year-long wait to reach Q255. A discussion focused on how to best involve the members of an empire with the process would be a good one to have.

Yeah you have made it clear that you like the side-effect of having the current system. I do agree that increasing the quality of production slightly is a nice reward for being technologically advanced, but it can be implemented in other ways that both make more sense, more engaging and easier to control.

The issue with the current system is indeed the one-year wait time for many, but that is not the only issue. The idea that buildings are what gets better hasn't really made much sense for a while. With the old TL system it was only acceptable because the wait of doing so was fairly short and it felt fun to raise the numbers.

The community as a whole has never fully agreed on what would work best as a technology system, but the few points Anr once layed out still ring true (see the bullet points I posted in my previous post).

A simpler way of increasing the quality of production would be as a new optional tool bonus. Kinda like computers currently increase manufacturing speed or manufacturing output quantity. If you have that tool the manufacturing output's quality is increased slightly, for example a static Q10 point higher than the source. The tools could require advanced resources, so it feels like an advancement or reward when you aquire those resources.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Messages In This Thread
Nerf Building Quality Progression - by Haxus - 09-17-2018, 06:25 PM
RE: Nerf Building Quality Progression - by Haxus - 09-17-2018, 06:34 PM
RE: Nerf Building Quality Progression - by Haxus - 09-17-2018, 09:26 PM
RE: Nerf Building Quality Progression - by Haxus - 09-17-2018, 09:29 PM
RE: Nerf Building Quality Progression - by Deantwo - 09-18-2018, 05:09 AM
RE: Nerf Building Quality Progression - by Haxus - 09-18-2018, 01:35 PM
RE: Nerf Building Quality Progression - by Haxus - 09-18-2018, 02:16 PM
RE: Nerf Building Quality Progression - by Haxus - 09-18-2018, 03:19 PM
RE: Nerf Building Quality Progression - by Haxus - 09-18-2018, 09:08 PM