Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2023-12-07 Game Save, Flag Generator, Blueprint Limits

Game Save
Game saves were not working on Windows.

Fixed.

Build Limits
Someone asked that size limits on spacecraft and buildings be eliminated.

Eliminated size limits on buildings and spacecraft. Specifically this refers to byte size limits, the amount of memory the thing takes. Physical dimension limits were not changed. 

You still get a warning when the size limit is exceeded but it never turns into an error.

Beware that you can now build models that are too complex for your computer or perhaps someone else's computer. While your computer may be able to handle a single instance of your gigantic ship or building model, it could bog down quite quickly if you create many of them.

Random Flag Generator
This has been on my list forever. When testing I usually don't care too bad. AI controlled emperors need this.

Flag chooser created that allows flags to be loaded from a file or generated randomly.

Mission Order Icons
Mission order window uses a generic sun icon to represent a black hole.

Changed mission orders to use an icon based on body type for suns and worlds. Also updated city lists to show bases with a different icon.

Quarry Shows Non-Stone
It is confusing to have the quarry show non-stone resources when it can't mine them.

Fixed.

(12-07-2023, 10:37 PM)Haxus Wrote: Random Flag Generator
This has been on my list forever. When testing I usually don't care too bad. AI controlled emperors need this.

Flag chooser created that allows flags to be loaded from a file or generated randomly.

We were actually talking about this subject on Discord. Would it be possible to get a couple default flags already placed on the default explorer folder ?
Or maybe this could be done with that new flag generator.

It would definitely help new players to easily get default and easily accessible flags.

Quote:Would it be possible to get a couple default flags already placed on the default explorer folder?

I am sorry but I do not understand.

The new flag chooser has a button to load from a file and a button to generate a random flag.

A quick way to see this thing is to create a new avatar and choose the Lost Atlantis scenario. That one requires you to provide a flag so the flag chooser is used there.

This update also contains the beginning of the AI emperor. The code is disabled so none will spawn at this time. At some point they will awaken.

AI empires are not the pirate empires. They start with an avatar who spawns into the game and starts building an empire, just like another player. The only real difference is the AI emperor does not respawn when killed. Like a player, their constructions will remain after the emperor is gone.

(12-07-2023, 11:31 PM)Haxus Wrote: This update also contains the beginning of the AI emperor. The code is disabled so none will spawn at this time. At some point they will awaken.

AI empires are not the pirate empires. They start with an avatar who spawns into the game and starts building an empire, just like another player. The only real difference is the AI emperor does not respawn when killed. Like a player, their constructions will remain after the emperor is gone.
Very nice. Very much looking forward to this

(12-07-2023, 11:31 PM)Haxus Wrote: This update also contains the beginning of the AI emperor. The code is disabled so none will spawn at this time. At some point they will awaken.

Wow, this sounds really cool. I have a lot of questions, but I'll wait until you're further along with it.

(12-07-2023, 11:19 PM)Haxus Wrote:
Quote:Would it be possible to get a couple default flags already placed on the default explorer folder?
I am sorry but I do not understand.
I think he's just asking about the directory that the file picker opens by default (I think it's the game's install folder), if it could have a few flag images placed into it to start with, but I guess it's not entirely necessary now that we can click 1 button to generate a flag
[Image: LrLPLnr.png]

Anyhow thanks for the nice fixes!

By the way, I'm a bit confused about the save point tooltip, it says that the current game is updated whenever a new named save point is created, but it seems to just create a separate save point in the main menu. Is the "Current Game" itself only updated on game exit?

Edit: About the AI empire, is it technically feasible to have multiple AI avatars working together in one? I guess as a kind of difficulty option, where we could pick to have them start further along in empire development, or have multiple avatars within each empire to make them expand faster and harder to kill
What even

Thanks for fixing the save game issues and removing the file size limits. I can say that when I tested these high mesh ships in the designer spawning into different scenes, they react buttery smooth for me. Time will tell I guess.

Also very excited to see how the AI empires work out. There is some serious potential there in terms of bringing the universe alive. 
This can lead to alliances, diplomatic conversations, conversations in general! and so much more.

It is feasible to have multiple AI avatars in an empire.