Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random System Crashes

So sometimes Hazeron causes a hard System crash for  me . The monitors will display a random color screen , the gpu will be in overdrive and only the power button helps.

I suspect it has to do with geometry issues. Happens a lot with tiny planets, Gas Giant cores , but also at other times.

If it helps, try right clicking the game on Steam, clicking manage and adding this to the launch options
[Image: iEjQ4am.png]

This might produce some useful info for haxus
What even

Will try for next time. However this is an old bug which has been happening for years.

Where should the logfiles be located ?

It doesn't seem like any log file is created.

Yeah just checked, I don't think the option does anything anymore, couldn't find the logs anywhere
What even

It sounds like running out of memory. Are you playing the 32 bit build?

You could try reducing the display settings to the low memory configuration for awhile.

If you have lots of memory then that won’t help anything.

I doubt it's a memory issue. I'm playing what seems to be the 64 bit build. Standard Steam Edition.

Win10
Ryzen 2700x
32 GB DDR4 3200
Radeon Vega 64 8GB

It seems Hazeron does something that setup doesn't like, and the Solo client appears to be more prone to have this crash.

That beeing said, I don't rule out my card having a defect, though Hazeron is the only Application this happens with.

(12-12-2023, 06:33 PM)Rashi Wrote: I doubt it's a memory issue. I'm playing what seems to be the 64 bit build. Standard Steam Edition.

Win10
Ryzen 2700x
32 GB DDR4 3200
Radeon Vega 64 8GB

It seems Hazeron does something that setup doesn't like, and the Solo client appears to be more prone to have this crash.

That beeing said, I don't rule out my card having a defect, though Hazeron is the only Application this happens with.

Vega 64 is known to have some wired flaky issues. Used to happen to me when I would play Hazeron when I had the card.

Well then ok.

I can sorta live with the crashes, and I suspected something the card doesn't like.

Though I am still curious what's causing it, since it's the only application for me so far that shows behaviour like this.

But can be closed then ;)