Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ship teleported out of the galaxy (the "YEET" bug)

I think I've hit this exact same bug.
(HI! Returning player here from waaaaay back. (Decided to try out Hazeron Starship recently and have myself a little rocketpunk civilization of carnivorous lizard dogs that have just colonized their second moon. Still struggling to remember how to do pretty much everything, but that's all part of the fun.))

I'd set up the second moon colony in my started system, boarded the ship, was at the helm, was coasting back towards my homeworld, got out of the seat to look out of the window.

Everything vanished (suns, planets, moons). The background didn't seem to change at all. It was all instant, as though things just weren't rendering.

I asked for help on discord and someone suggested to check the galaxy map.

I'm... some distance away from the galaxy now.
[Image: EyWsfg0.png]

I set the crew up to slowboat back to my homeworld, but...
[Image: SEgv7wW.png]

I have a modified version of the Haxus rocket. It's got forward facing windows, and a lot more fuel than the original for longer duration slowboat missions. (Literally months more), but I don't think I've packed enough fuel for the return journey.

[Image: 0rZcLfp.png]
I'm not really sure what to do now. This ship was built for slowboating to nearby stars, not crossing intergalactic gulfs... It could possibly just about do it, but I certainly didn't pack the food for a journey like this.

Any advice on what I should do? I don't want to lose the crew, or teleport back and develop FTL tech to go get the ship.
(I was hoping to keep things entirely rocket-drive and slower than light.)

Thanks, everyone! o/

Messages In This Thread
RE: Getting the ship tp out of the galaxy - by Naiba - 12-30-2023, 04:58 PM