Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ship teleported out of the galaxy (the "YEET" bug)

I've been hit by the yeet bug multiple times, hope this helps :)

FPU Settings:

Denormal: Save
Infinity Control: Projective
Rounding Control: Near
Precision Control: 64 bits

[Image: image.png?ex=6589b887&is=65774387&hm=e92...2c58f2a62&]
[Image: unknown.png]

I just ran into this bug as well. I'm just standing on the bridge idling while the ship is exploring the sector for the relic quest. I was afk for a few minutes, come back and realize they've been in warp for an unusually long time, and then find I'm way outside the galaxy with 55 hour eta. Both my source and destination systems were far from any other craft or settlements.

FPU Settings
Denormal: Save
Infinity control: Projective
Rounding control: Near
Precision control: 64 bits

Current order: Travel direct to QQY'AJ'KI'a at (1.666,4, 23,4, 21,8)pc galactic.

Compass shows:
Deep Space
SRY'MJ'NJ'a (-1.6, 4.6, 4.7)
Sector (167, 2, 2)
Shores of Hazeron

Ship: AEC RC-3000 Starseeker (W9PNN) by Phoenix (Blueprint #3008), importantly it's warp 9 capable.

Got teleported to around 16000, 250, 250 pc (I don't have exact numbers because the ship is moving) which is almost as if my coords got multiplied by 10. Weirdly still shows me as being in the same sector as I was, despite being over 10k parsecs away from it.

(12-27-2023, 08:41 AM)Tiffany Wrote: Weirdly still shows me as being in the same sector as I was, despite being over 10k parsecs away from it.

That is because you are in the system's scene, for some reason you was transferred to the next scene with coordinates being way off. If you have enough fuel to deadhead to the star, it would be interesting to know if jumping back and forth between given systems always cause the same effect.

(12-27-2023, 12:14 PM)AnrDaemon Wrote:
(12-27-2023, 08:41 AM)Tiffany Wrote: Weirdly still shows me as being in the same sector as I was, despite being over 10k parsecs away from it.

That is because you are in the system's scene, for some reason you was transferred to the next scene with coordinates being way off. If you have enough fuel to deadhead to the star, it would be interesting to know if jumping back and forth between given systems always cause the same effect.

Last time this happened to me I checked and found I was stuck in a system inside of the sector. For you Tiffany it looks like your stuck in SRY'MJ'NJ'a. For me, I did dead head back to system I was stuck it took some time yeah...but I did make it. I was unable to leave the system. It was a ringworld system too. I tried to warp out, the ship would never transition and just travel forever in the same direction in the same system. Wormholes did not work, not even the super wormhole stargate thing would work, those both would just crash to desktop if I tried to use them.  

I sent a few ships to that cursed system and they all became stuck. 

The ships were stuck there for quite some time. Then one day after an update to the game, the ships were free. 

Just wanted to add my experience where I actually did make it back and just let it play for a few days.

I think I've hit this exact same bug.
(HI! Returning player here from waaaaay back. (Decided to try out Hazeron Starship recently and have myself a little rocketpunk civilization of carnivorous lizard dogs that have just colonized their second moon. Still struggling to remember how to do pretty much everything, but that's all part of the fun.))

I'd set up the second moon colony in my started system, boarded the ship, was at the helm, was coasting back towards my homeworld, got out of the seat to look out of the window.

Everything vanished (suns, planets, moons). The background didn't seem to change at all. It was all instant, as though things just weren't rendering.

I asked for help on discord and someone suggested to check the galaxy map.

I'm... some distance away from the galaxy now.
[Image: EyWsfg0.png]

I set the crew up to slowboat back to my homeworld, but...
[Image: SEgv7wW.png]

I have a modified version of the Haxus rocket. It's got forward facing windows, and a lot more fuel than the original for longer duration slowboat missions. (Literally months more), but I don't think I've packed enough fuel for the return journey.

[Image: 0rZcLfp.png]
I'm not really sure what to do now. This ship was built for slowboating to nearby stars, not crossing intergalactic gulfs... It could possibly just about do it, but I certainly didn't pack the food for a journey like this.

Any advice on what I should do? I don't want to lose the crew, or teleport back and develop FTL tech to go get the ship.
(I was hoping to keep things entirely rocket-drive and slower than light.)

Thanks, everyone! o/

Welcome back Naiba!

Yep that's the bug. Honestly my best advise is to just destroy the ship and make a new one. The bug is not that common (but not rare either). I spent 3 actual days at Warp 9 to try and Save a ship only to find it was permanently stuck in a single solar system. (No wormhole, warp, dead heading could save it).

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]

I got the same issue just now, I was in my ship in the seat with the helm console open. Tried to get some antiflux particles from a local ring, was about 28k meters out of range so I went there full throttle, Hit H to hold, saw speed was still going a bit too fast, used Space Bar & Q (whatever buttons stop both movement dirs) and boom, swept away to the infinity.

I just got hit by this bug, happened as I was leaving the gravity well of planet MVD'ADB'DF'h Beta IV in sector 26, -8, -1. The mission was to orbit Beta VI
[Image: PRBb7zo.png]
[Image: z0l850L.png]
[Image: QkL3Tke.png]
[Image: yWlQrJ2.png]
[Image: k3qmBHN.png]

Got teleported to the lowest signed int32 distance away, as Xantheose pointed out
What even

This might be fixed in the most recent update.
Please post in this thread if anyone encounters this issue still.

(02-21-2024, 03:57 PM)Haxus Wrote: Location Desync
I saved the best for last. This bug has been a plague for years. It happened to me most often when getting into a new vehicle. About one in twenty tries or so I would suddenly find myself at the bottom of the sea instead of on the vehicle.

Fixed. It turned out the vehicle did not have to be new; you just had to be moving when you got into it. This could also affect moving vehicles and spacecraft if you were controlling them when they changed atom domains.
(02-22-2024, 12:52 AM)Haxus Wrote: The yeet bug was likely the same as the atom desync bug. I will be curious to hear if it happens any more.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo