Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ship teleported out of the galaxy (the "YEET" bug)

I wasn't at the helm when it happened to me, but I was standing on the bridge looking through the viewport when the ship began to move. I got paranoid and began to look away from the viewport when we began traveling. Oddly it never happened when I was looking away, though I don't know if that is just a coincidence or not.

I actually do think there is something to this. It obviously doesn't happen to ships you are giving remote orders to, it has something to do with the player being onboard if I were to bet.

Hmm. I expected the opposite answer, that you would have been operating the helm.

Your facing direction doesn't matter to anything involved here. It had nothing to do with the issue. FWIW.

This has NEVER happened to me, not even once. I am not denying the existence of the bug, just explaining why it is difficult to fix. I always let my crew drive the ship; it is very rare that I take the helm.

(12-07-2023, 08:43 PM)GaelicVigil Wrote: I actually do think there is something to this.  It obviously doesn't happen to ships you are giving remote orders to, it has something to do with the player being onboard if I were to bet.

In the MMO days, I think there were reports of it happening to ships without an avatar on board. But I can't be sure now, since it was years ago and we didn't really keep detailed notes about this.

I assume it just happens randomly to any unit transitioning from world coordinates to solar system coordinates, or vice versa. But it has felt like it was more likely to happen to some players than other, so maybe something special about the worlds or solar system affects it. This is however all speculation.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Can confirm it happens to ships without avatar onboard too. Had it happen months ago on a ship while I was on another ship on another system.

http://www.hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.p...7#pid11057

(12-07-2023, 09:38 PM)Haxus Wrote: It had nothing to do with the issue. FWIW.

Just explaining why it is difficult to fix.

I have no clue about the coordinate system is done, and it can be linked with many things, ship design, ship speed and even the celestial body itself, but I believe you can add debug log we can send you.

If you don't want to include debug log and rather use GDB; it will be longer but you can try:
  • Using a different design (happened me twice in few hours with the Explorer II, in the workshop).
  • Entering and exiting a planet's sphere of influence many times. Also try with moons.
[Image: unknown.png]

New player here, same bug happened to me when I made a mission for traveling via wormhole and alt-tabbed. Didn't even notice what happened.

Today’s update shows information about your FPU that might be helpful. It appears at the bottom of the System page of the Settings window. Please let me know what is reported for bits of floating point precision.

As a reference, I've never had the yeet bug happen and my FPU looks like this
[Image: mjDyq5J.png]
What even

[Image: mpedpAL.png]

This is what it looks like for me after encountering the bug. I wasn't controlling any part of the ship, just sitting in it as it traveled.

Same exact output. I've not had it happen to me lately because I've been spending time in the designer these days. Long range travel for me is impossible and I wonder if I need to start a new save. I just crash to desktop after a random period during continuous warp.