Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2023-11-28 Bug Fixes, Release Candidate

(11-29-2023, 10:39 PM)Haxus Wrote: Oil resources should not have moved. Will look into it.

The oil icon is dark and hard to see. It has a little glow but it doesn’t help much.

I triple checked and the oil nodes are completely gone from my original well spot, there's just crystals there now - even placed a new one and it can't drill oil at all weirdly

I can provide my save if it would help
What even

(11-28-2023, 10:36 PM)Haxus Wrote: NPCs Stick Against Vehicles
NPCs often get stuck against vehicles when walking around.

NPC pathing logic is now much better about avoiding vehicles and buildings.

When you say vehicles, do you also mean spacecraft?
It has been a long standing issue with spacecraft too.
See: http://www.hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=173
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Npcs do avoid spacecraft now. It gets complicated for them when departing a spacecraft or arriving there. In between spacecraft will be avoided. This also applies to buildings and vehicles.

I have some save games to look for the oil resource change.

(11-28-2023, 11:53 PM)Celarious Wrote: Also did all the oil resource nodes get moved around? There's no oil here anymore either, but other minerals like Ore and Gems seem to still be in the same place

The oil resource nodes in my save-game from 2023-02-15 haven't changed. Aside from no longer have NaturalGas of course.

I reviewed the changes to crude oil and propane. I could find no change that would have altered the presence of crude oil on worlds.

(11-30-2023, 12:42 AM)Celarious Wrote:
(11-29-2023, 10:39 PM)Haxus Wrote: Oil resources should not have moved. Will look into it.

The oil icon is dark and hard to see. It has a little glow but it doesn’t help much.

I triple checked and the oil nodes are completely gone from my original well spot, there's just crystals there now - even placed a new one and it can't drill oil at all weirdly

Are they gone from the whole planet?

I'm actually curious if resource distribution is always evenly distributed across planets.  I have had games where some resources were only found practically on the other side of the world.  Honestly, if this is intentional, I really like this feature.  It makes starting out more fun since you need to go exploring the globe.

(11-30-2023, 07:40 PM)GaelicVigil Wrote: I'm actually curious if resource distribution is always evenly distributed across planets.  I have had games where some resources were only found practically on the other side of the world.  Honestly, if this is intentional, I really like this feature.  It makes starting out more fun since you need to go exploring the globe.

I believe it is random for each resource zone on the world. Some resource zones can literally have abundance of 0% ("none") for a resource.

(11-30-2023, 07:40 PM)GaelicVigil Wrote:
(11-30-2023, 12:42 AM)Celarious Wrote:

Are they gone from the whole planet?

Nah it's just these two spots that seem to have been moved, not sure how but it's not a big deal to find new nodes
What even