Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request: Increase file size for ships
Just wanted to add this as an example of what I am talking about. You can see this is physically not a big ship.
And most likely it will finish just fine but come close to the limit. (That's why I feel the other size's should not be an issue)

[Image: Hazeron-Starship-KOm4p-I0-S4g.png]
In Hazeron, ship is a resource.
It's strange to "put a maintenance cost" on a hammer. You just use it and replace when it wear off.
(05-26-2023, 07:59 PM)AnrDaemon Wrote: In Hazeron, ship is a resource.
It's strange to "put a maintenance cost" on a hammer. You just use it and replace when it wear off.

Except there is no wear on a ship as it's used. There is no simulated break down, no up-keep, just keep it fueled.
No requirement to have an overhaul in drydock. It's these little details that add immersion. People like immersion. Because it's a game and it's a single player game (that yes could be hosted in the future) that means it could be a mechanic that is turned off if it's not desired. 

If Haxus wants to make a successful game it needs to appeal to a wide audience. Having customization for difficulties and different mechanics is a big draw.

However none of this has to do with increasing the file size per the topic. Unless we are talking about progressing the game forward and not backwards. Then they are both related in that respect.
Ships regularly sundive, see the other side of a gun and overall experience all sorts of Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly.
In other words, they are resource, not a jewelry.
(06-01-2023, 06:27 AM)AnrDaemon Wrote: Ships regularly sundive, see the other side of a gun and overall experience all sorts of Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly.
In other words, they are resource, not a jewelry.

Sundiving and rapid unscheduled disassembly has nothing to do with the ship being pretty. Pretty ships and "flying resources" all behave the same way. 
Pretty ships don't cost more, take any more time to build, or alter the way the game treats them. If you want to design flying rocks please do so, I would be happy to discuss and admire the designs.

No one is telling you or forcing you to design nice looking ships. Increasing the ship file size limit would not affect you in anyway then.
(06-02-2023, 11:57 AM)Rockinsince87 Wrote: Pretty ships don't cost more, take any more time to build, or alter the way the game treats them.
Just wanted to point out that design file size increase the build time.

Haxus made this to limit ship file sizes when the game was online. It's also the main reason most warship designs had simple interior, besides the designer being complexe to use.
(06-03-2023, 05:03 PM)Neils Iyssada Wrote:
(06-02-2023, 11:57 AM)Rockinsince87 Wrote: Pretty ships don't cost more, take any more time to build, or alter the way the game treats them.
Just wanted to point out that design file size increase the build time.

Haxus made this to limit ship file sizes when the game was online. It's also the main reason most warship designs had simple interior, besides the designer being complexe to use.

Strange. I have ships that sit only a few bytes away from the limit and they only take 2 hours to build.

Just wanted to add, right now I am at 70% of the limit on this most recent ship and construction takes three and a half minutes. I do believe that Haxus did this like you said but it's quite possible it's just based on volume alone now it seems.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]
Maybe it was more complicated than what I said, but I once asked Haxus about it in galactic chat and he confirmed design complexity had an effect on build time.
(06-05-2023, 06:51 AM)Neils Iyssada Wrote: Maybe it was more complicated than what I said, but I once asked Haxus about it in galactic chat and he confirmed design complexity had an effect on build time.

I completely believe you I was just unaware. I'll check that out when I finish this little ship.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]