Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request: Increase file size for ships

(05-25-2023, 11:01 AM)Celarious Wrote: Yep, new designer = simple interior only, just look at the Atlantis, most of the effort goes into the exterior hull

That's all dandy but if it was really that way you would not be able to make detailed interiors per that gif. But honestly all "someone" has to do is increase the file size limit and that's it, you can do whatever after that. As of now it's a single player game so limits of this kind are unnecessary. If ( and I really hope so ) Haxus adds the ability to host, the file size limit is still something that can be much bigger because he will not be hosting it, storage is incredibly cheep. 

The other odd thing about the limit is the compression. After compression it's quite small per the designer ouput information. Ok great, just increase the limit. 

The "new designer = simple interior only" is artificial only at the moment. That interior in the gif I posted took me an hour or two to make inside of the designer using only the tools inside of the designer without any outside tools or programs, and it renders flawlessly when testing.

It's kind of an obvious thing to do, once the game goes public players are going to want to make detailed designs. If they run into this limit that will hurt the game tremendously.

Am I really asking too much? Just let the creators create.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Request: Increase file size for ships - by Rockinsince87 - 05-25-2023, 11:49 AM