Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starship Cloud Saves

Steam cloud saves for starship. I have multiple computers and jump between them, it would be nice if the save was shared across them all without having to do a lot of grunt work copying, pasting, making sure itst he right file, up to date etc

(03-10-2022, 07:50 PM)Nitro2030ce Wrote: Steam cloud saves for starship. I have multiple computers and jump between them, it would be nice if the save was shared across them all without having to do a lot of grunt work copying, pasting, making sure itst he right file, up to date etc

Yeah i do this a lot too. I have automated it and scripted a rotational backup so I can keep x number of backups with a y backup interval in minutes. Then use robocopy to keep the data syncronized. Works great so i do see the value in having steam do it for people. 

My only concern is the size of the save game data. It's huge the more you explore and play. I don't know how long it would take for steam to sync this data. 

Definitely something Haxus should look into to see if it can be done by steam.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]

Hello,

I agree Steam Cloud Saves should be a must have. I play on 2 computers. I must synchronize manually the Saved Game folder everytime (or dropbox/some hacking solution)

rsync rulez!

I would like this even more now that I have a Steam Deck

Here is what I do for this: Create a network share where the saves live and in the game under settings > program, navigate to that share where your saves live and you're all set.
Your other option is to do the same thing but with google drive, one drive, insert other sync based cloud service name here. 

Cloud is convent yes but I prefer not to sync at all and just access it live.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]