Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More than 15 texture objects pls

What the subject said. I know the designer is not done and you are working on it Haxus, but it is possible you can add more than 15 texture palette objects so we can assign a bunch more of our own? That alone would allow for some more flavor choices when designing...

[Image: Hazeron-Starship-JWtj6-UWm-Hq.png]

Why do you need so many textures? Especially if it is just small icons and such?
Just make a texture atlas with them.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

(05-06-2023, 04:30 PM)Deantwo Wrote: Why do you need so many textures? Especially if it is just small icons and such?
Just make a texture atlas with them.

I thought about making an atlas yes but I wanted them to be as "high-res" as possible. 

If there is some kind of limitation that would require a ton of work to implement then the atlas would be the best route.

Honestly a good compromise would be increasing the size of texture slot 15 so you can use large atlas textures. 256x256 is not a size you can use honestly. 

Heck, I'm not sure how Haxus pulled off the decals texture to begin with. It must not be limited to the 256x256 size.

Decal texture is 1024x1024 if im not mistaken. Most ingame textures are 1024x1024, 2048x02048 or higher. 256 limit was to preserve space. Steam hovewer has huge infrastructure and single workshop mod or map can be gigabytes in size. So textures can be easily high res now
Btw, steam cloud for Hazeron Starship has 9.31GB limit. Enough to store compressed universe and program settings, maybe even 1-2 backups. No need to store workshop blueprints in it, they can be downloaded later when needed.
Report or Exploit

(05-07-2023, 07:41 PM)Vooker525 Wrote: Decal texture is 1024x1024 if im not mistaken. Most ingame textures are 1024x1024, 2048x02048 or higher. 256 limit was to preserve space. Steam hovewer has huge infrastructure and single workshop mod or map can be gigabytes in size. So textures can be easily high res now
Btw, steam cloud for Hazeron Starship has 9.31GB limit. Enough to store compressed universe and program settings, maybe even 1-2 backups. No need to store workshop blueprints in it, they can be downloaded later when needed.

1024x1024 makes sense now that I take a good look at it. Agreed on the higher resolutions. Should not be an issue moving forward.