Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2023-05-05 Designer Exit, French Translation
Designer Exit
The designer kicks you out if it takes too long to do something. This is very frustrating.

Fixed code designed to keep people from staying in a designer after they log off. In solo play, it no longer kicks you out for any reason.

Translation
A few bits of french translation were completed.

The final (I hope) round of translation was finished by the translators. We should be done with them for a while.

If the release of Hazeron Starship goes well I will likely ask them to translate it to one or more other languages. The cost will be considerably less since they have the project in their system. I was considering spanish or russian. Are people in russia allowed to buy games on Steam these days?
(05-07-2023, 06:21 PM)Haxus Wrote: Are people in russia allowed to buy games on Steam these days?

As I understand it, Russians are able to use steam, however they are unable to Pay directly nor receive payments via steam, there is a work around using an intermediary bank, but thats more complicated and I know little about it.

TL:DR sort of, they cant spend or receive money directly from Steam
Zahariel in Universe 3, 4, 5 and 6.
HS Beta Also.

Sieg syndicate I guess.
(05-07-2023, 06:21 PM)Haxus Wrote: Are people in russia allowed to buy games on Steam these days?
Short answer: Yes.
Long answer: Developer can prohibit game purchace in specific regions. That doesn't remove already bought game. Activation by code is possible.
Users can use steam internal wallet for trading items, recieve profit for it and to purchase games or other items.
Adding funds to wallet requires 3rd party banks in other countries to process transaction, usually with currency exhange and mild percentage for doing so.
So not everyone will be able to purchase game, but it is possible
Report or Exploit
Cannot buy at Steam directly by cards, but there's a way to buy outside the Steam from an key stores to activate them in the Library.

Want voluntarily translate text strings into Russian, did it for Eco Global Survival and Stationeers before.
Based on numbers from Statista.com, Russian is the 3rd most commonly used language among Steam users.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/9573...-language/
(05-07-2023, 07:48 PM)Haxus Wrote: Based on numbers from Statista.com, Russian is the 3rd most commonly used language among Steam users.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/9573...-language/

And most of them in CS:GO  Tongue Big Grin Big Grin
Zahariel in Universe 3, 4, 5 and 6.
HS Beta Also.

Sieg syndicate I guess.
(05-07-2023, 06:21 PM)Haxus Wrote: If the release of Hazeron Starship goes well I will likely ask them to translate it to one or more other languages. The cost will be considerably less since they have the project in their system. I was considering spanish or russian. Are people in russia allowed to buy games on Steam these days?

In addition to what Vooker said - some players change the region to Turkey or Kazakhstan (or some other countries) in order to get around the restrictions. Also, a significant part of the Post-Soviet Union countries speak Russian, in addition to their native languages.

What about regional prices? When Hazeron was available by subscription, its price was, if my memory serves me right, about 800 rubles. While the price of other MMOs was about 550 rubles, which made Hazeron one of the most expensive MMOs on the market. EVE Online was about 560 rubles, World of Warcraft 550. The price of 20 dollars is now about 1500-1600 rubles. As an example, the new Age of Wonders 4 costs 1600 rubles on Steam. Arma Reforger 1500. I'm more than sure that players like me or Vooker will buy the game at any reasonable price anyway, but for the rest it will be a significant factor.

Probably, the functionality of mod support and tools for fan-translation is preferable, in the vast majority of cases the quality of such translation suffers from the lack of adequate... leadership.
In addition to that, the quality is often worsened by the lack of literacy and understanding of their own language, the lack of proper tools for translation or ability to use it.
[Image: nQQd5YJ.png]
Prices may vary a lot. 5$ is roughly 400 RUB and is a sweet spot. 10$ is 800 RUB, kinda ok and buyable, though people will think twice before buying. Anything more are AAA games or succsessful projects, where people either know what they are buying or big fans of series or just pirate
5$ - buy and forget
10$ - think before buying
>15$ - expect wonders from game and developers
Report or Exploit
(05-08-2023, 02:39 PM)Vooker525 Wrote: Prices may vary a lot. 5$ is roughly 400 RUB and is a sweet spot. 10$ is 800 RUB, kinda ok and buyable, though people will think twice before buying. Anything more are AAA games or succsessful projects, where people either know what they are buying or big fans of series or just pirate
5$ - buy and forget
10$ - think before buying
>15$ - expect wonders from game and developers
I think it depends on further pricing policy. Will there be discounts? Price increase or decrease later? Paid additional content?
500-600р. is also tolerable, considering potential discounts.
[Image: nQQd5YJ.png]
My colleague and I could support you in translating the game from English into German.

I know at least 3 people who have played it in Germany.
Based on your statistics from before, I don't know how many people from Germany have played the game.

If it helps you in general, we are both experienced .NET developers.