Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sickbay Disease Prevention Protocol
I just had my whole crew wiped out because a monster had a QL255 disease.

It appeared on my bridge and infected some of my crew. Because crew always have their helmet visors open unless in a vacuum, they quickly infected each other. When a crewman fell unconscious from the damage, another crewman came to carry him to the sickbay, infecting everyone else on their way to the sickbay. Other crewman started to fall unconscious, summoning uninfected crew from other parts of the ship to the infected area.

Meanwhile my troops were all just standing around watching. Since they always have their helmet visors closed, they weren't affected by the disease at all. The monster was killed within seconds after appearing thanks to the troop posted on the bridge, but that didn't help against the disease that wiped out the crew.

Anyway, to the actual suggestion.

If you have a sickbay on the ship, and the medical console is manned. I suggest that the medical crewman call out an alert when a disease is detected on the ship. All crewmen, officers and passengers should close their visor if they have them to prevent infection. Sick people should report to the sickbay for treatment if antitoxin is in stock.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Sorry that happened, and yes, good suggestion. But can I also say...that was a pretty cool emergent horror story! Sounds like something from Dwarf Fortress.
(09-14-2018, 06:46 PM)Vectorus Wrote: Sorry that happened, and yes, good suggestion. But can I also say...that was a pretty cool emergent horror story! Sounds like something from Dwarf Fortress.

I would have prefers Dead space but i guest it good too.

Yes it could be a good idea. The one carrying the body should indeed have is visor close a well of the medic for sure.