Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Land at Airport Order Issues
(03-27-2023, 09:28 AM)Deantwo Wrote:
(03-27-2023, 06:47 AM)Celarious Wrote: Well that's the issue, the line down the middle, ideally they'd be removed or made to look less "directional" for slabs
I would be against this. I use the "level roads" just to make the roads level. And I actually don't like the whole ships landing on roads at all, it is too random and just feels dum.
I guess it only exists because otherwise players that can't manually pilot/land their ship would be stuck if crew refused to land.

I would rather that airports had a service area like space stations and then the ship would just hover over the airport instead.
Well I first grade the area and then use sloping roads since it's way cheaper labor-wise, but the problem still stands, there's no easy way to designate landing spots and the wideness of the roads + the yellow lines isn't suitable for it

I do kinda agree that they shouldn't be landing on random roads, but I do think there are uses for big landing areas somewhere in a city. I don't always want my ship in orbit, even if there's a station, plus I think just having huge landing areas looks cool
(Personally I think having everything just hovering over the airport is kinda lame but that's just me, why not give both options?)

(03-27-2023, 09:28 AM)Deantwo Wrote: I guess it only exists because otherwise players that can't manually pilot/land their ship would be stuck if crew refused to land.
I disagree here, I can manually land my ship and yet there's no easy way to setup a good landing area - especially if the ship is big. In order for the ship to be "connected" to the city, I obviously need to land on a road and not in a distant field away from the city. My only option for this is placing a bunch of weirdly connected concrete roads with weird yellow lines randomly scattered around, or landing my big ship on a single thin road (which means possibly clipping into buildings, terrain, landing gear not contacting the ground, etc) and both look terrible - I imagine adding something specifically for this wouldn't take a crazy amount of work
What even
(03-27-2023, 09:28 AM)Deantwo Wrote:
(03-27-2023, 06:47 AM)Celarious Wrote:
(03-27-2023, 06:41 AM)Deantwo Wrote: Technically "slabs" still function, and you can make roads pretty wide. But yes they look like normal roads with the traffic line down the middle. Unless you use Dirt Roads, which don't have any fancy markings.

slabs still function? I thought the game didn't recognize anything as slabs since tile worlds were removed
I guess there needs to be better differentiation between regular roads and slabs then, because I assumed they've been gone from the game for ages
Crew will look for a flat road, if there is no free parking spot elsewhere. So yes, technically they still work like "slabs" did.

So they're not actually slabs at all then? The fact that we can't specifically designate roads for landing is a huge step down from how slabs used to work, Haxus just changed the crew landing functionality to use any road, most likely because it was the quick and easy solution vs just adding slabs
And that's if you ignore the visuals of modern roads obviously not being intended to be used as slabs
What even