Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Hide unused UI elements/items

These might be intended to still be shown, but for the upcoming Steam release, I think it'd be best to avoid player confusion by hiding specific unused elements of the game, such as commodities:

Genetics Medical Module
Cybernetics Medical Module
Cloaking Shield Module
Viathol
Flomentum

There are also unused UI elements alongside this:

Tunnel Building Codes
Mass Media Building button

This has already happened for old unused vehicles such as the Battle Ship, Commercial Ship, and Tank. 

I say "hide" specifically so that they can be re-used in the future if added/expanded further
What even

(03-10-2023, 08:39 PM)Celarious Wrote: This also applies to the Military Dock as there are no military water vehicles currently in the game, making the building useless

Military dock isn't useless. It creates a trade connection with wharves.

I do think there is still a bug preventing them from being constructed underwater though.
See: (Bug report) Can't build Wharf underwater
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

(03-11-2023, 09:17 AM)Deantwo Wrote:
(03-10-2023, 08:39 PM)Celarious Wrote: This also applies to the Military Dock as there are no military water vehicles currently in the game, making the building useless
Military dock isn't useless. It creates a trade connection with wharves.

The normal wharf can do this already, unless you specifically want to build your base on the other side of the world from your main city for some reason
What even

The fact that the mass media building does nothing is its use... jobs without manfacturing anything. Granted, you can just make a smelter for q255 adamantite with the same result plus being able to control the number of jobs, but immersion....

(03-11-2023, 10:28 PM)kajanov Wrote: The fact that the mass media building does nothing is its use... jobs without manfacturing anything. Granted, you can just make a smelter for q255 adamantite with the same result plus being able to control the number of jobs, but immersion....

You can just build any other building and not give it any manufacturing processes
What even

(03-11-2023, 10:50 PM)Celarious Wrote:
(03-11-2023, 10:28 PM)kajanov Wrote: The fact that the mass media building does nothing is its use... jobs without manfacturing anything. Granted, you can just make a smelter for q255 adamantite with the same result plus being able to control the number of jobs, but immersion....

You can just build any other building and not give it any manufacturing processes

A building with no assigned manufacturing processes doesn't make manufacturing jobs. So no.
Service jobs likely always count though, that is why there should always only be one service job at manufacturing buildings.

(03-12-2023, 07:08 PM)Deantwo Wrote:
(03-11-2023, 10:50 PM)Celarious Wrote:

A building with no assigned manufacturing processes doesn't make manufacturing jobs. So no.
Service jobs likely always count though, that is why there should always only be one service job at manufacturing buildings.
Hence why I mentioned a smelter making q 255 adamantine. Alternatively use a mine producing stone limited to at least 255 quality (on a world that does not have 255 quality stone.)
jobs occupied, masnufacturing/mining never starts.

(03-12-2023, 09:41 PM)kajanov Wrote: Alternatively use a mine producing stone limited to at least 255 quality (on a world that does not have 255 quality stone.) jobs occupied, masnufacturing/mining never starts.

The "minimum quality" option is ignored for manufacturing processes that take no input, such as mines and wells.
See: hazeron.com/wiki/Manufacturing#Minimum_Quality

Anyway, this is the wrong place to discuss city building tips.

Reworked initial post to better list other unused elements
What even

(03-10-2023, 08:39 PM)Celarious Wrote: Viathol
Flomentum

I would suggest against hiding/removing resources just because they have no use yet. Removing them and adding them again later would just cause resources on worlds to shift locations.

Unless Haxus specifically made sure to account for that. Such as by having a bunch of dummy/placeholder resources and just have them spawn as stone.

But even so, there is nothing wrong with allowing players to harvest the new resources before they have a use.