Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2023-03-03 Weaon Station Crash, Hot Gas Giants

Weapon Station Crash
Weapon station still crashes if you sit there long enough.

Fixed a bug in the weapon station. This same bug was also fixed in the sensor and transporter stations.

Tractor Beam Bug
The weapon station crash report involved towing a station using a tractor beam. While doing so I ran into an obnoxious bug that would inexplicably leave the station behind; then it would still be tractoring when I found the station but the station would be motionless.

This one took some digging to find. It is fixed.

Hot Gas Giants
Several people pointed out that a gas giant in the inferno zone should not have frigid zone properties.

I agreed so gas giants in the inferno zone no longer produce Cryozine or Frigid Atmosphere resources. Instead they produce Ioplasma and Inferno Atmosphere resources.

Translate Bitmap Buttons
A few buttons during game startup present a graphic image with text embedded in the image.

Bad programmer! Bad programmer! Never never embed language into bitmaps.

I created a new button widget that overlays text onto its underlying bitmap. That way the text can be translated independently of the bitmap.

This had an odd side effect that the text style configured on the button affects the tool tip as well. The tip appears in big bright cyan text now. :/

Nuclear Power Plant
When building a nuclear power plant the default process should not be Plutonium.

Fixed. Default process is to make electricity..

Commander Wants to Know Speed
When commanding my ship I often find myself wanting to know how fast we're going.

When seated at a command chair, in command mode, the ship's speed in m/sec is displayed at the bottom of the screen.

Sex Nerf
The updated adult content survey on Steam requires me to affirm that there is no prohibited functionality in my software even if it is not accessible.

I put ifdefs around all code that had anything to do with mating. Now when the software is built that code is not built into the final executable file at all.

Nice. Can we have updated resolution on consoles and HUD? Crosshair and pilot HUD look like raster textures, would be nice to see them made in vector
Report or Exploit

(03-03-2023, 10:41 PM)Vooker525 Wrote: Nice. Can we have updated resolution on consoles and HUD? Crosshair and pilot HUD look like raster textures, would be nice to see them made in vector
^ Bump on this. The low resolution of the jump and run strength meters is a bit distracting.

On a similar readability note, would it be possible to reduce near plane clipping a small amount? I sometimes have to move the console screen closer to see what's going on and having them disappear when they get too close is kind of annoying.
"If your blood turns to caramel, can you taste it before you die?"

Haxus is there a way we can see a crashlog when the client crashes? i keep having crashes and would like to make reports on them but IDK why its crashing....

Can confirm the system report no longer shows Cryozine on the inferno gas giant in my homesystem
FYI, seems like already-running refinery processes continue to do so because they don't re-check the atmosphere

Good fixes, thanks Haxus! I like the command speed and the power plant change, I've accidentally produced plutonium so many times because of it lol
What even

(03-04-2023, 08:19 AM)Celarious Wrote: FYI, seems like already-running refinery processes continue to do so because they don't re-check the atmosphere

Always been the case.