Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2023-02-28 Crashes, Stowaway Scenario

Crashes
The previous update was crashing due to two bugs. They have been fixed.

Stowaway Scenario
This update adds another startup scenario called "Stowaway". In this scenario you start as a stowaway somewhere aboard a pirate ship. There are several interesting ways to play out this scenario.

This highlights a bug that has already been reported. The crew is pretty bad at defending their ship. I'll work on that.

Im still getting the crash i think from opening the weapons console, sometimes its instant some times it takes a few seconds - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GEumPBl...sp=sharing

Can confirm the weapon console seems to be causing crashes, mine CTD'd after about a minute of using it

About the achievements, can confirm I got master colonizer immediately upon starting the game, also can confirm the secret one works perfectly
What even

I’ll get right on it in the morning. Crashes are easy to fix.

Just so you know, the localization changes affected almost 600 .h and .cpp files. I’m not too surprised about the crashes, though a little disappointed. Both were dumb little programming errors, nothing too mind bending.

I assume you got master colonizer at some point earlier today because I think the problem has been fixed for hours.

Yeah it was right after the initial achievement update was posted
What even

Since the requirement is 50 worlds, you probably already earned it anyway. ;^)

Wow. This Stowaway scenario sounds so cool. Thank you Haxus.

I tried new scenario. Got myself softlocked. Crew cramped in turbo lift on other floor and didn't go anywhere. Turbo lift door was locked open. I tried to fly to ceiling and shoot through it, but got stuck and suffocated to death. Spawned on random planet. Gen III character creator lacks DNA upload button.

Started as Gen IV character. Crew spawned right on stations. I was able to use turbo lift. Crew completely ignored me. I killed them all, declared new empire and captured ship successfully
Report or Exploit

DNA upload button 100% lacks