Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Price of Hazeron Starship

Hazeron Starship is currently set up to sell for $9.99. 

I am considering raising that to $19.99.

Any thoughts? I would value your input.

$19.99 is reasonable in my opinion for what the game currently contains.

$15 to $20 would be a good spot imo, however, I would say it's important that some of the biggest current bugs need to be ironed out before that
What even

I am with Celarious, $15-20 is definitely well within reason once the game doesn't require a client restart so frequently. I think some streamlining of the UI would do wonders for new players, as well.

Game definitely feel worth the $20 price tag. And then the occasional 25% off sales would make it $15 for those that have to get the best deal possible.

But yes, definitely need a more bug free experience for players just starting out, and maybe a better on onboarding tutorial so players aren't overwhelmed and confused.
Such as we are discussing in: (Idea thread) Basic Technology Research System for Hazeron Starship

If the game isn't super stable right away, releasing it with the "Early Access" tag helps against complains of bugs. But maybe you can avoid having to do that by keeping up frequent updates and being active in the community.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Definitely do agree that the early access tag would be needed to make people more forgiving about bugs/unpolished things, basically manages the expectations better
What even

It depends how do you plan to monetize the project.
If you plan to make it a "box" payment, the outcome would depend highly on frequency and quality of updates to invite more potential buyers, and even then it will have its limit unless there's an enjoyable multiplayer component.
For example, Minecraft would have died ten years ago if not for standalone server and modding potential.

Bit late to this tread but yes $19.99 at the moment is a good spot. 

Once hosted gameplay is implemented, that can be revisited. Might be $25 at that time.

If at some point you do a major graphics overhaul with lighting similar to the link below, then that price might change again. 
Textures will go along way too with the lighting. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qxfavtUs7w

That might bump it to $29.99 perhaps not. The good news is they system requirements will be very flexible at that time.

(02-27-2023, 11:13 AM)AnrDaemon Wrote: It depends how do you plan to monetize the project.

That is a good point. I think we are all assuming that it will be a "pay once and keep forever" type deal, but no one actually said that. Might be a good idea to just be sure we are talking about the same thing.

(03-03-2023, 01:42 PM)Rockinsince87 Wrote: Once hosted gameplay is implemented, that can be revisited. Might be $25 at that time.

As much as I think people want some form of multiplayer, I doubt increasing the price would be a popular idea. Mainly because people just hate feeling cheated by not having been there before the price increase.

The multiplayer feature could be sold separately as an addon/DLC maybe. That would at least not feel as bad to people that buy the game later. But then you also have to be sure that promise of multiplayer feature is explained to be bought separate right away so people aren't surprised by it.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

(03-03-2023, 02:02 PM)Deantwo Wrote:
(03-03-2023, 01:42 PM)Rockinsince87 Wrote: Once hosted gameplay is implemented, that can be revisited. Might be $25 at that time.

As much as I think people want some form of multiplayer, I doubt increasing the price would be a popular idea. Mainly because people just hate feeling cheated by not having been there before the price increase.

The multiplayer feature could be sold separately as an addon/DLC maybe. That would at least not feel as bad to people that buy the game later. But then you also have to be sure that promise of multiplayer feature is explained to be bought separate right away so people aren't surprised by it.

I mean if you look at other early access games, they all start cheep and go up over time. 

See it's all a business strategy. Haxus needs to be upfront with his road map asap. If people see the game is updated regularly and
the roadmap is being followed they will buy into the game early. When the price goes up, those who already own the game scored big time. 
The more transparent the better. 

I buy early access games all the time and feel great when I bought it at 9.99 and it ends up selling for $30 or $40 later.