Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Basic Technology Research System for Hazeron Starship

(12-08-2023, 05:43 AM)Ivan Wrote: For this reason and the fact uranium wasn't invisible to us before we discovered fission or Iron Ore wasn't invisible to us before we knew we could smelt it in to Iron metal, means I'm very much against those resources not showing up in scans.

I meant like hide the actual processed versions of the raw resource, like io tubes and transporter modules, not the raw resource itself

(12-08-2023, 05:43 AM)Ivan Wrote: I'd prefer just having optional guidance through missions and needing resource and perhaps resource samples, but only once and not for every tech level, and not for every process either.
just indeed some milestones like u said (rocket engines, vehicles/oil refining, electronic parts, computers, grav drives, WH, warp). Think I'd prefer tech disks/thumb drives like before over hidden resources.

Problem is this is basically just patents again, but with even less gameplay and content, because with patents they stopped mattering once you spent the 2 minutes getting the "sample" (trading the thing to the building), but at least you could do them again if you wanted higher QL (or Haxus hardcoded each patent to take 300 days to get, which is also terrible), but now it's a one-time unlock for a few processes and then it gets completely forgotten about, as if it isn't even in the game to begin with

Sidenote one of the things I really liked about the TL system was having to ship around tech disks to each city that you wanted to tech up, having the tech magically appear throughout your empire feels weird and also kills a lot of the interesting gameplay about it imo
What even

Messages In This Thread
RE: Basic Technology Research System for Hazeron Starship - by Celarious - 12-08-2023, 08:19 AM