Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Basic Technology Research System for Hazeron Starship

(02-22-2023, 06:37 PM)Celarious Wrote: I definitely agree that more advanced processes/commodities/buildings should be hidden at the start, really would help with the feeling of progression, loved that part of patents

Also big yes on linking some techs to story missions, test flights for FTL research sounds cool

I do kinda miss the old thing where techs like transporters required a certain QL of resources, so maybe that could be kinda replicated with the "new features milestones" point, so maybe like the io tube/ioplasma commodities are completely hidden from surveys/reports until you hit a certain level of research or even exploration/story completion

I feel like missions/story that make you discover tech should be optional. They could aid new players to discover how everything is produced. (i was thinking about a story that would pretty much explain everything on how to defeat the asteriod, step by step through missions. E.g. it could guide you to warp, but you could also discover it yourself.

It should also be possible to just drop the mission and be able to get all tech otherwise.
For this reason and the fact uranium wasn't invisible to us before we discovered fission or Iron Ore wasn't invisible to us before we knew we could smelt it in to Iron metal, means I'm very much against those resources not showing up in scans.

I'd prefer just having optional guidance through missions and needing resource and perhaps resource samples, but only once and not for every tech level, and not for every process either.
just indeed some milestones like u said (rocket engines, vehicles/oil refining, electronic parts, computers, grav drives, WH, warp). Think I'd prefer tech disks/thumb drives like before over hidden resources.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Basic Technology Research System for Hazeron Starship - by Ivan - 12-08-2023, 05:43 AM