Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Designer] New decal and hologram ideas
Here are some decal ideas I got today.

I added some hologram ideas too, although I don't know if it's even planned in the game.

Will add other ideas if needed.

Decals

Galactic Map

1:1 ratio decal, identical to planet map but would display your current galaxy and actual position flattened-out.

Could maybe add an option to show explored systems and known cities as dots or glowing blob (using data from the last starmap update).

Spacecraft damage decal

Could be a 2D decal. Would be used to visually display a spacecraft damage state with colors and/or graphs

2D decal could be a side and up views of the ship with :

- shields, each shield "side" can change color according to their current HP (may display number or %)

- hull would change color according to current HP (may display number or %)

- various systems would be listed on the side panels, with colorized progress bar with current HP values (%)

Route decal / mission status rework

Would display the planned 3D route as an horizontal line punctuated by the waypoints.

[actual position]------[WayPoint1]--------------------[WP2]-----[WP3]--------------------------------[Last WP]
                                     | ETA : xxx seconds

Could also be a rework of the actual mission status decal.

Holograms (in case it's ever planned)

Sensor hologram

It would be a 3D shere or cube representing sensors in real time, but in 3D. Obviously, rendering would be limited to the room that contains it, like the system names and planet orbits for bridge.

Could get interaction options like sorting what we see, and choose between three zoom level : farthest body (scale to display the farthest system body), max sensor range, close range (scale to a small radius like 100km, to better see a spacefight or fleet formation).

Route hologram

Would be a 3D hologram showing the current planned route and current position. ETA would be visible somewhere.

Spacecraft damage hologram

Same as spacecraft damage decal, but instead of side and up view, it would be a scaled-down 3D hologram of the ship.

Edit : Also this thread.