Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Building-related Suggestions

Heart 
These are just some thoughts for adjustments and additions I've had while playing Hazeron Starship over these last few weeks, as a scifi city nerd.

Pressurized Road

We used to have these. It'd be nice to have pressurized roads on an aesthetic level (add some zest to colonies on dangerous worlds) and from a gameplay lens they would be very useful in corrosive/insidious atmospheres to not melt while you're trying to lay out buildings and hunt for resources.

Production Report

Hazeron isn't the kind of game where you need to tightly monitor ratios, but it'd be really convenient to know how much of a resource you're making or using in a certain timespan without running between all the buildings and adding them up. Maybe have it capture production/consumption over a ten minute period.

Drilling Rig Mine

You can grade terrain to get undersea resources, but honestly it spoils the terrain. Having a mine equivalent to the drilling rig would help with that. (I also just want to recreate Sealand :v)

Airport To Airport Transportation
This might be a little controversial, but in my opinion if someone successfully builds a spaceship and used it to colonise another planet they've earned the ability to go there without a ship. It'd cut down on waiting for your crew to putter around within the local system.

University Use
The University doesn't have much of a place in Hazeron right now due to how focused the game is on chains of production and consumption. I can't think of many ways to use it without just reinventing TL or patents, but what if it had some more esoteric uses? My immediate thought is that it could use one of the less useful commodities like paper in order to provide a boost to quantity, QL, or something else entirely.
"If your blood turns to caramel, can you taste it before you die?"

Huge agree on pressurized roads, I really really miss them from the old cities we used to have
What even

(02-21-2023, 06:31 PM)tackeart Wrote: Pressurized Road

Yes. I miss pressurized road. Even if we can't design our own pressurized road enclosures.

They are really nice for underwater colonies too.

(02-21-2023, 06:31 PM)tackeart Wrote: Drilling Rig Mine

In most cases you can just build a mine underwater. There are a few issues right now with buildings underwater and on the surface can't be part of the same city, that might discourage some people from doing this though.

Since the current drilling rig still doesn't really work as intended though, I don't know how it even works.
See: (Bug report) Drilling Rig nonfunctional

(02-21-2023, 06:31 PM)tackeart Wrote: Airport To Airport Transportation

Yes, some kind of taxi service to travel between airports in a solar system would be nice. Just have an NPC pilot a space transport or helicopter to the location while you are riding as a passenger.
I know it has been suggested a number of times, and I even suggested it once too.

(02-21-2023, 06:31 PM)tackeart Wrote: University Use

University does have uses though. It trains crew and offices. And it is a demand from cities to keep up morale. It basically has a ton more uses than mass media building.
We aren't completely sure, but as far as we can see, the number of homes in a university determines the number of crew the city will have available at one time.
See also: (Bug report) No crew are available here.

As for new research/tech systems. I still think something slightly similar to how patent were researched would be fine. But I guess I should make a new idea thread for that so this thread isn't entirely derailed by research/tech suggestions.

EDIT:
Made a small suggestion for a basic technology research system.
See: (Idea thread) Basic Technology Research System for Hazeron Starship
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Just to add, I think darker roads like the old "asphalt" roads from the tile worlds would be incredible too! I really miss those, and currently every road type ingame looks grey
Here's what they used to look like, as slabs:
[Image: bb3UVlP.png]
What even