Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cryozine in Inferno Orbit Zone Gas Giants
Since the addition of gas giant ocean and core was added, the resources in the atmosphere of gas giants has been a little weird.

It seems that no matter where the gas giant is, it will have Cryozine in its atmosphere layer. This includes when the gas giant is in inferno orbit zone. Before this change, gas giants in the inferno orbit zone used to have Ioplasma in their atmosphere.

This change/bug mostly means that Ioplasma is slightly rarer and Cryozine is a lot more common.

I don't know if the gas giant hydrosphere should also be different depending on orbit zone. Having Magmex in the gas giant would probably be weird, but resources like Myrathane and Flomentum could be mutually exclusive and dependent on the orbit zone to make them slightly rarer.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
This also means myrathane (the supercooled liquid) is also found in the hydrosphere of Inferno Gas Giants, when it was historically frigid:

[Image: Wbhasbz.png]
[Image: kccFwUV.png]
What even
To add, it seems like a gas giant in an inferno orbit zone in my homesystem is always at 0C, calm wind and thus perpetually snowing in the atmosphere:
[Image: 6Gqa4xj.png]

Edit: Also, it seems that very same gas giant has supercooled liquid oceans, despite being in the inferno zone:
[Image: JOjot8C.png]
What even
Update: This issue also seems to extend to Polytaride and Bolite, which are meant to only be in frigid orbit zone worlds but I've found them in the Inner, Inferno and Habitable zones too
What even
I think this may be intended with the gas of the gas giant blocking out the sun and pressure causing things that are usually an gas form to be compressed intoliquid (resulting in a liquid that would have to be "supercool" if it were under more common atmospheric pressure and the sun wasn't blocked by hte gas above.)
(02-28-2023, 10:49 AM)kajanov Wrote: I think this may be intended with the gas of the gas giant blocking out the sun and pressure causing things that are usually an gas form to be compressed intoliquid (resulting in a liquid that would have to be "supercool" if it were under more common atmospheric pressure and the sun wasn't blocked by hte gas above.)

Technically on the rocky core, the pressure would be heating up the liquid. And even so this doesn't explain the upper atmosphere's resources.

Just from a gameplay perspective it is a little boring for all gas giants to just be the exact same. As I said, this causes Ioplasma to be slightly rarer and Cryozine to be a lot more common.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
This has been changed. It will be posted in the next update.

Atmosphere of gas giants in the inferno zone are now treated as inferno atmosphere for resources. That means…

Cryozine and Frigid Atmosphere are not present.

Ioplasma and Inferno Atmosphere are present.